@bjmsam I am a little confused, because in my cable the wiring is different:
Mini USB plug
1: +5V
4+5: 330kΩ resistor
5: GND
6: Mic right
7: Mic left
8: Mic gnd

You have the Mic right on pin 7(instead 6), Mic left on pin 9 (instead 7), and the resistor is between 2 and 4 (instead 4 and 5).
Does it really work, did you check everything?

Whups, the labels I used on that image reflect the numbering scheme of that particular MiniUSB 10 pin MOLDED CABLE with 5ft wire, which is non-standard as depicted below. I just updated the image with numbering consistent with the standard pinout shown. Yes, this cable really works, and I confirmed that the Git2 uses standard pin 6 (Purple 9 below) for the Right channel (3.5mm Ring) and standard pin 7 (Brown 7 below) for the Left channel (3.5mm Tip) with standard pin 8 (Black 5 below) for audio ground (3.5mm Sleeve).

51hQutPRkmL.jpg
main-qimg-502ac0d221cecc70103fbb09cc46e580

How confusing! Here is the standard pinout mapping:

Code:
 1 - Grey  (10) = +5V
 2 - Blue   (8)
 3 - Orange (6)
 4 - Green  (4) = 330kΩ resistor to 5 (2) signals stereo input
 5 - Yellow (2) = GND

6 - Purple (9) = MIC Right
 7 - Brown  (7) = MIC Left
 8 - Black  (5) = MIC GND
 9 - White  (3)
10 - Red    (1)

Last edited:
How confusing! Here is the standard pinout mapping:

Code:
1 - Grey (10) = +5V
2 - Blue (8)
3 - Orange (6)
4 - Green (4) = 330kΩ resistor to 5 (2) signals stereo input
5 - Yellow (2) = GND

6 - Purple (9) = MIC Left
7 - Brown (7) = MIC Right
8 - Black (5) = MIC GND
9 - White (3)
10 - Red (1)
I think it should be
6 - MIC right
7 - MIC left
;)

When building the cable, I confirmed proper channel mapping by connecting my Android phone with a male-to-male 3.5mm stereo patch cable and adjusting the Sound Balance control under Settings / Device / Accessibility to pan left and right while recording. I just checked my cable again and you are correct that there is continuity between 3.5mm Tip (Left) and Mini-USB standard pin 7. The non-standard pinout and color codings sure confused me when posting - sorry! I have corrected my posts accordingly for reference.

For STEREO recording and powering the GIT2 - has anyone tried using the new hero usb-c adapter ( https://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/accessories-2/pro-3.5mm-mic-adapter/AAMIC-001.html )
with a mini usb to usb-c adapter if its exist or possible???
That's not going to work, and even if it did, have you seen the price? and the reviews? (most are 1 star out of 5!)

The connector that plugs into the camera is USB C, Git2 has a mini USB connector like most action cameras, so they are not compatible.

For STEREO recording and powering the GIT2
... you should use the cable that is offered by GitUp (and fix it as described here).
And if you really need a line-in as from Gopro maybe you should add a parallel input, connected by using a suitable resistor. Or add the line signal in the editing lateron.

That's not going to work, and even if it did, have you seen the price? and the reviews? (most are 1 star out of 5!)

The connector that plugs into the camera is USB C, Git2 has a mini USB connector like most action cameras, so they are not compatible.

I know its not cheap but so many people have this issue and not everyone can make DIY cable at home so i thought there might be a "buy it yourself" solution:)
I know the GoPro is usb c -ithought there might be a usb-c to mini usb adapter.

... you should use the cable that is offered by GitUp (and fix it as described here).
And if you really need a line-in as from Gopro maybe you should add a parallel input, connected by using a suitable resistor. Or add the line signal in the editing lateron.
Thanx
Is there a step by step tutorial to convert Gitup original mono charging cable into Stereo?

I know its not cheap but so many people have this issue and not everyone can make DIY cable at home so i thought there might be a "buy it yourself" solution:)
I know the GoPro is usb c -ithought there might be a usb-c to mini usb adapter.
No, it converts the microphone input into a digital bitstream within the cable, there is no analog microphone signal on the USB C port. The Git2 expects an analog microphone signal.

No, it converts the microphone input into a digital bitstream within the cable, there is no analog microphone signal on the USB C port. The Git2 expects an analog microphone signal.
Thank you very much!

Good News!

We just got in a test cable that works. It has a secondary female miniUSB port for power, and the audio works. (and records in both Left and Right channel)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00OP8RYY8
mkQ4lbF.png

We'll post some footage flying around in the near future.
I realize this post is a little old, but I'm interested in using the Git2 in my plane, too, and was wondering if you ever uploaded video acquired from your setup? Did you have to do any impedance matching for the audio, or is that built into the cable?

I realize this post is a little old, but I'm interested in using the Git2 in my plane, too, and was wondering if you ever uploaded video acquired from your setup? Did you have to do any impedance matching for the audio, or is that built into the cable?
Impedance matching is not an issue, I think because the Git2 input is very high impedance and so will work with any output, the cable impedance is irrelevant. I guess as a result, you probably want to keep the cables reasonably short or they might pick up noises, but it is not studio quality sound anyway.

Back