Git1 Screen Goes White Sometimes While Recording

srvctec

Reaction score
Country
United States
Exactly as the title says. I have my Git1 set up as a dashcam and it's been great for the last 6 weeks since I got it. a week or so ago I noticed the screen was white while the record LED was flashing, so it apparently still records but I never see it happen as I don't always look at the screen since I'm driving. It's happening more often now. Happened a couple times in the last 3 days. All I have to do to get the screen showing video is to unplug the lighter socket, wait until the shut-off delay times out and the camera turns off. Plug the power cord back in and it works fine.

@gitup

Any ideas what's going on?

Photo of it:

b942e9891daedef77b9c7bc4106b23af.jpg

do you have the screen on all the time?

is there a screensaver option to have the screen go off?

do you have the screen on all the time?

is there a screensaver option to have the screen go off?
Yes I do so I can make sure the camera is still lined up properly and working. There is a screen saver function, but I shouldn't have to use that just because the camera keeps having an issue. That defeats much of the purpose of even having a screen.

Yes I do so I can make sure the camera is still lined up properly and working. There is a screen saver function, but I shouldn't have to use that just because the camera keeps having an issue. That defeats much of the purpose of even having a screen.

yes and no, it's primarily an action cam, running it constantly while in the window in the middle of summer is not typical usage for an action cam and may well be too much for it, the LCD generates heat as well which only adds to the problem, it's not going to move while stuck to the window like that and easy enough to see the aim when it comes on and the screen lights up to check it before you head off anywhere

yes and no, it's primarily an action cam, running it constantly while in the window in the middle of summer is not typical usage for an action cam and may well be too much for it, the LCD generates heat as well which only adds to the problem, it's not going to move while stuck to the window like that and easy enough to see the aim when it comes on and the screen lights up to check it before you head off anywhere
Well, that's true but the other day it happened first thing in the morning when it was 65 degrees F out, so heat isn't necessarily causing the issue.

It seems the LCD screen issue, how about replace the LCD screen, can you replace on your side if we ship one to you.

It seems the LCD screen issue, how about replace the LCD screen, can you replace on your side if we ship one to you.
I have no doubt I could replace it myself since I'm an electronics service technician for almost 30 years. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
xmyladylostx Git1 11
T Git1 7
M Git1 8
M Git1 4
C Git1 10
Back