GIT2P 90 firmware mod

Talking about the rolling shutter effect (or the Jello effect i think) and i actually haven't notice any in the videos i just uploaded. i still doing some editing with the videos so i will speak up if i see anything unusual.

As i look over, i think the overall quality of the 3k video is somehow better (especially on fullscreen)
i just accidentally rendered the 3k video to full hd but the details is not losing that much
another thing is it could be the soft sharpness that have affect the video ...i don't know but i will do some comparison to find out

one more thing is "have you try the g3 duo camera @hc_1982"
i thinking of getting a used one next month (just save some money if i can)
going to do the mod fw upgrade again and see how it goes

@montho, difference between 2880x1620x30 and 1440p (2560x1440x30) is not that big in terms of resolution, but first one is not standard one and is highest 16:9 resolution git2p hardware can handle at 30fps and so it has some drawbacks (lower bitrates possible etc), so I strongly recommend stick with 1440p, and use 2880x1620 if you absolutely need it for some reason. Downscaling video with good resize algorithm during post-processing could make video look noticeably better while preserving and "condensing" fine details. So, probably it might be good idea to record video in higher resolution (e.g. 1440p or 2880x1620) and exporting it in FHD in your video editor.
I have G3 Duo camera and it was my primary camera last year. It has quite similar hardware inside, except image sensor (imx117 vs mn34120 in git2p), which is much better, and sensor display. In terms of details, it is able to produce video with similar image quality and details in 1440p30 as git2p, while rolling shutter is much lower, and better image details in 1080p50 and 1080p60 with mod. Unfortunately, 1080p60 is processed internally in lower resolution compared to 1080p30 and even 1080p50, due to hardware limitations, so result is not that good as it potentially could be, but still better than git2p. Also, G3 has hardware design issues with external mic support (internal mic is not disabled when external one is plugged in), settings could be changed only with sensor display menu (no buttons for changing settings) and it is a bit thicker compared to git2p, so is not fully compatible with all accessories. Modded firmware for G3 is similar to this one for git2p, and is also available and discussed on this forum and its latest version could be downloaded here.
As for me, reasonable price for used G3 in good condition should be less than $35-$50, as it is quite old now and cannot record even 4K30, but still it can make good photos, 1440p30 and 1080p30 video, and not that bad 1080p60. So, it could be good replacement for git2p, if you can find it at low price and 4K is not necessary for you.

Thank you for your super detail informations @hc_1982 (i saw the post this morning but i cant reply until now)
I will be using the 1296p and 1440p later and see how it goes
And i just double checked the quality on utube with both 32" FHD and 55" 4K tv, i have to say 2k is definitely good looking (better than i expected) , the fhd res of the videos look a bit weird (i mean it could be the youtube compression, limited quality i think) and i was having the same problem from the past videos i uploaded on youtube that is in FHD

Back