Glitched Files on MicroSD Card

Gary Edstrom

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does anyone else sometimes see glitched files on your MicroSD card when you download the files into your computer? I have seen this issue for a LONG time, but it has an easy workaround. First, a little background on how I use my BlackVue. In addition to my normal driving, I use the system as a "Poor Man's" security camera for the condo complex I live in. I do this with the Association's blessing. My parking spot has an excellent view of a large portion of our garage. For this reason, I have my BlackVue running 24/7. I have both a B-124X & B-124E expansion battery packs. My normal daily driving doesn't begin to keep the batteries charged. As a result, I supplement it with some A/C power through an adapter. I plug it in first thing after getting dressed in the morning, and unplug it a couple hours later. With my normal driving, this setup using a 256GB memory chip easily lasts a full week. My regular Sunday morning routine is to swap out the memory chip with my spare and take the full chip up to my unit and download the entire chip to my Windows 10 computer, where it is archived for 13 weeks before deleting the oldest data. It is during this copy that the problem shows up. If I simply start out by doing a mass copy, the copy will proceed as normal for a bit until it throws up an error message that there was a file error and asking me if I want to skip/continue/ or cancel. I tell it to skip the file and also to do the same with any additional errors. The last time I downloaded the chip to my computer, there were 1,564 files to copy, with 32 files left behind because they were glitched. If I run Windows ScanDisk on the chip, the files are repaired and they can then be added to the previous group. My normal workaround has been to run the ScanDisk on the chip before doing anything else. Then, the mass file copy proceeds without error. I have looked at the list of glitched files and there doesn't seem to be anything common among them. They are on different days at different times of the day. Sometimes they are normal parking mode files, while other times they are event files. Since the camera runs 24/7 without any power interruption, the problem can't really be anything to do with starting up or shutting down. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Last edited:
Buy a new sd card first.
Overheating? The car is parking in a shaded place? (Overheating cause problems in sd cards too.)

Buy a new sd card first.
Overheating? The car is parking in a shaded place? (Overheating cause problems in sd cards too.)
Heat is definitely not an issue, and I have tried several MicroSD cards. It is not really a pressing issue as the workaround is easy. Before downloading the card to my computer, I run ScanDisk on it first and it makes the necessary repairs. The files themselves are not affected. I think is is some sort of bookkeeping error where the file says it is one size while the OS thinks it is another, or the two FAT tables in the directory don't match. In either case, ScanDisk is able to fix the issues without the files being affected in any way. I would be more worried if the affected files became useless or were deleted by ScanDisk. It is just something I have lived with for over a year now and never got around to posting until today.

Sounds broken, I would replace it all

Sounds broken, I would replace it all
No way would I replace it! It is not under warranty and it is FULLY functional. I just have to make provision for the file errors by running ScanDisk first before downloading. I just wanted to see if anyone else had experienced the problem.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S DR900X (1CH or 2CH or 2CH IR) 11