GP exits drone mkt

I'm glad someone sees it that way. [/laugh]

The Hero 6 seems to have a lot of issues, not sure they have dropped the price enough to make it good value.

Someone trying to use it as a high quality dashcam:
https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/GoPro-HERO-6-Low-Light-Problems-v1-6/td-p/101514

7cae784dfb.jpg
Ya, gooproo is too big to get on these forums and actually listen to user feedback. Also, they don't have ppl in China doing qc in the factories. Just OEM their stuff. Hence, issues like this and the Karma recall.... So they cut costs by not having their own factory, but, they also don't even have proper testing /qc team in place. These products are pretty complex, especially with all the functions we add.

If I were in his seat, I'd take zero compensation or a penny. We'd shake things up and rally the troops!

Nah. GPRO closed today, on NASDAQ, at $6.23, half of its one year high of $11.69 but off the low of $5.02. The five year high is $86.97 or 14 times today's closing. There's a reason why this company will be sold. Nick Woodman's taking a dollar is BS. Sadly, he'll jump out of the plane, supported by a nice golden parachute. The share holders will get their money through the sale. The worker bees, as always, will be left to clean up the mess.

See The Motley Fool for more on GPRO. Take a look at performance against the S&P 500. But only if you like horror shows...

Nick Woodman's taking a dollar is BS. Sadly, he'll jump out of the plane, supported by a nice golden parachute

In this case I think it's deserved. He did create the action cam as we now know it and he did improve it well :cool: That GP lost direction and momentum later on is sad, but let's give Nick credit where he earned it because he did earn it, unlike most raider CEO's who get those 'chutes for running someone elses company into the ground :eek:

Phil

Did a great thing, got raves, screwed up the company, bailed (or was tossed). Think about the great products that won't come out because the company is too hollowed out to continue. Think about how many companies' story that is. Nothing new here... nothing to see here... move along, folks... nothing to see here... show's over... move along, folks...

I think if it wasent for caffinated beverage makers GP would have been in a even worse spot now, after all they have been sitting hard on the adrenaline junkie market, which is also often where you see the caffeine beverage makers in.

Watch the GoPro rise&fall video. It explains very clearly what happened.

Back