GPS info stamp not appearing on video

lutefisk

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo A119V3, WheelWitness HD PRO, Rove R2-4K
I've got GPS turned on and GPS Info Stamp set to All Info, and I know there's GPS info encoded as Dashcam Viewer shows it.

No speed or coordinate info is on the video itself - only Car # and date/time.

A119V3 firmware F2.4 Build 20210707

Apologies if this is covered in an FAQ that I've missed.

Was the GPS information shown on the display before?

Try to press and hold the Reset button to reset the dashcam.

Last edited:
Was the GPS information shown on the display before?

Try to press and hold the Reset button to reset the dashcam.

I've done both the hard and soft resets and there's still no GPS Info Stamp on the video - only the camera and the date/time along the bottom.

As per the Viofo post, has it ever shown a GPS ?

Just to make sure does the GPS indicator on your screen turn green and indicate that everything functioning properly? I'm aware you're seeing GPS info in DCViewer but this is just another troubleshooting procedure to help track down the issue.

One thing you can try is re-installing a fresh copy of the latest firmware and another hard reset before reprogramming your menu preferences. Sometimes this can fix an oddball problem.

Last edited:
Just to make sure does the GPS indicator on your screen turn green and indicate that everything functioning properly? I'm aware you're seeing GPS info in DCViewer but this is just another troubleshooting procedure to help track down the issue.

One thing you can try is re-installing a fresh copy of the latest firmware and another hard reset before reprogramming your menu preferences. Sometimes this can fix an oddball problem.

Is the little satellite dish-looking icon the thing that’s supposed to turn green?

I‘ll try updating the firmware.

Thanks!

The most likely problem is the GPS module has had it, or never had it.

Does happen, even from new.

They are available separately though.

you sure you have GPS plugged into the right plug ?

Some cameras have a AV out plug beside it, and you be surprised how many have plugged the GPS antenna onto that :)

you sure you have GPS plugged into the right plug ?

Some cameras have a AV out plug beside it, and you be surprised how many have plugged the GPS antenna onto that :)
GPS is built into the mount with the A119V3.

Also, I think you can power the camera and if the GPS mount is attached, it still works.

Is the little satellite dish-looking icon the thing that’s supposed to turn green?

I‘ll try updating the firmware.

Thanks!

Yes, the satellite icon is the thing that should turn green. If not you will see the words "NO GPS" in red.

The most likely problem is the GPS module has had it, or never had it.

I was thinking the same thing but if, as the OP claims, "I know there's GPS info encoded as Dashcam Viewer shows it.", then his GPS module should be functioning properly. But that is why I also suggested observing if the GPS screen icon is green and indicating that it is indeed working.

The author gives very little information, a kit with GPS?
You can take a photo of the voice recorder screen, show on the forum what icons it has, for example, is there a GPS icon and what color it is.
The problem with GPS reception may be in the athermal windshield.
It is necessary to remove the GPS mount, put the recorder on the street and see if it works.
There is also a possibility of failure of the module itself.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and comments.

I updated the firmware to V2.5 and that seems to have done the trick. I'm now getting the GPS Info Stamp on the video as expected.

Back