Interesting Issue: Video Files Time Stamp from my new A119 V3

MrPat

Reaction score
Country
United States
When I import the videos from this new dash cam to my Windows 10 computer using 2 different photo applications, as well as doing a copy and paste from file explore to the hard drive, the time stamp is showing a completely different time (by exactly 4 hours earlier). I did check the time setting on the dash cam, and it is showing the correct date & time and GMT setting (-4 GMT for Eastern USA Time zone).
Note: The time is correct on the actual video from the dash cam.
Note: The Firmware on the dash cam is current, showing: V1.03 Build 20190924.

As a test, I also did a video from my digital camera, and the was no discrepancy between the time stamp on the chip or the recorded time stamp on imported file.

Looking at the time stamp showing on the SD Micro chip from the dash cam, it is showing the correct time (that the video was recorded by the dash cam), but, as I said above, the time stamp changes by 4 hours after importing the videos in all 3 cases (2 imports and a Copy & Paste).

This seems to be a Windows issue. Any ideas / feedback? Thanks

Last edited:
Is the date and time correct in the filename ?

I'll check mine later but I've always just referred to the filename and ensure file explorer is sorted by filename to get the correct order.

Windows has often got date created and modified in a tangle.

When I import the videos from this new dash cam to my Windows 10 computer using 2 different photo applications, as well as doing a copy and paste from file explore to the hard drive, the time stamp is showing a completely different time (by exactly 4 hours earlier). I did check the time setting on the dash cam, and it is showing the correct date & time and GMT setting (-4 GMT for Eastern USA Time zone).

As a test, I also did a video from my digital camera, and the was no discrepancy between the time stamp on the chip or the recorded time stamp on imported file.

Looking at the time stamp showing on the SD Micro chip from the dash cam, it is showing the correct time (that the video was recorded by the dash cam), but, as I said above, the time stamp changes by 4 hours after importing the videos in all 3 cases (2 imports and a Copy & Paste).

I can't speak for the A119, but on the A129 Duo, if you have auto daylight savings on + Set to Time zone, it'll throw things off an hour. Disable daylight savings and manually set to -4 GMT.

I've just checked ......

I have mine set to GMT all year round as I'm in London UK (+/- 0) and I'm too lazy to mess around, even though it's only twice a year :)

My latest files are showing the GMT 'file' time but Windows is correctly showing the daylight time, one hour adrift.
Another thing I spotted is that the 'file' time is when the recording started but Windows has the time the file was closed, in my case 3 minutes later.

I checked back to a file in Feb, no DST, and the times are the same, apart from the 3 minute open and close as mentioned above.

I've never noticed this because I have my saved dashcam Windows folder set to large icons so I can see where each 3 minute clip started.

Is the date and time correct in the filename ?

I'll check mine later but I've always just referred to the filename and ensure file explorer is sorted by filename to get the correct order.

Windows has often got date created and modified in a tangle.
Yes. The date and time in the file names are correct, and the date/time embedded in the videos are correct as well. Probably a Windows issue. Thank you.

FYI: I found that the Date Last Saved matches the correct time on the imported file. This data and other fields are recorded in the Metadata From the cam.
Btw: The recorded videos from this DashCam are incredibly clear, and I just ordered a 2nd 119V3 DashCam.

I'm pretty sure the issue has to do with the way Micro$oft has decided to do the date/time display. I ran into the same issue when migrating to Win 10. Found a program Explorer++ that displays things as you would expect.

Back