GPS missing from recording

neesam

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not sure what I am doing wrong, but there is no GPS stamp, no GPS info at all in any of my 322GW files.
Is there supposed to be a satellite icon when GPS is locked? I don't have that.

From the Android App, I could see the files created on the dashcam and on the Info tab the 'GPS data' field is 'No'.

Hello,

It sounds like the GPS mount is not connected to the dashcam. When in the car, do you mount the dashcam onto the GPS mount please? Is the cable plugged into the GPS mount please?
You should see the GPS icon then illuminate on the dashcam's screen.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hi Millie,
The dash cam is mounted on the GPS mount (+suction cup), and the power (12V DC with USB mini connector) is plugged onto the mount directly.
I really don't see a GPS icon on the dashcam's screen.

Hello,
Please take your mount and camera inside a house/building and attach it to an outer-facing window that has a clear view of the sky. The connect it to power using the USB cable. Does the camera now show the GPS icon or any GPS information please?

Kind regards,
Millie

I did try to use the mount&camera inside next to a window where other GPS units get a fix. Still no GPS icon on the camera and I had it like that for 4 hours.
I was driving 8 hours last weekend and not a single recording had GPS info, nor I had GPS icon on the dashcam.
It looks like GPS is faulty, what is weird because is literally brand new.

Have a look at YouTube
and look at 0:45 and make sure your mount has "GPS" written on it. I have one that does not have this and there is no GPS.... just a thought.

That is a good point. However, it does write GPS on mine...still no GPS data in any of the files, and never GPS icon on the dashcam screen

Dead GPS units do occasionally occur.

That being said Kremmen, perhaps it's just as easy to get another GPS mount and give it a try? If anything, Neesam would have a spare mount (or for use in a second vehicle)? I see them for $30. If that was the issue then maybe Nextbase would be in a position to assist? I have found their support (at least here in UK) to be very good.

Again, just a thought.

I did try to use the mount&camera inside next to a window where other GPS units get a fix. Still no GPS icon on the camera and I had it like that for 4 hours.
I was driving 8 hours last weekend and not a single recording had GPS info, nor I had GPS icon on the dashcam.
It looks like GPS is faulty, what is weird because is literally brand new.
It sounds like the GPS mount isn't working correctly. I've sent you a direct message asking for purchase details so we can work out the best way to get a replacement mount.

Kind regards,
Millie

I want to thank the Nextbase Support team. They were able to identify my problem (faulty GPS mount) and promptly re-solve the issue by sending me a replacement.
Thanks again!

That is excellent. Pleased you got it sorted and reported back. (I'm not surprised that NB were so supportive)

Back