Nextbase 322GW - Parking mode - any way to turn the screen off when recording?

Briz Herbert

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,
This is all new to me , however i've noticed when in Parking mode, when the car gets knocked ( i'm testing it ) The screen comes on. I would have thought if you are in Parking mode and it records, then it would do so without the screen lighting up, But i'm damned if i can find a function to turn it off. Does anyone know if there is this option? I don't want to really advertise the camera in the middle of the night with a bright screen showing. Many thanks Herbert

Last edited:
Hello Herbert,

Thank you for your question.

For Parking Mode, if the camera is completely still for five minutes (the car is parked), then the camera will 'hibernate' in Parking Mode. If your car is bumped and the G Force sensor registers movement then the dash cam will automatically turn on (including the screen), record for 30 seconds and then shut back down again. If you are unlucky enough to be hit twice in a row then the dash cam would automatically record again and capture both events.

Here's some more information about Parking Mode:
https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/dash-cam-features/parking-mode/

There is not currently a way for the screen to be turned off when recording a Parking Mode clip, however I have passed your feedback onto our Development Team for consideration.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Cheers Millie, it it does seem something that's missing from the tools available. I have resorted to placing a cover over the back of unit so the screen doesn't advertise itself. My main use is for at night to capture any idiot hitting my car and driving away, which the street i'm in seems an all to common occurrence and last one that hit me was a £4k insurance job !!

ta Herbert

Hi Herbert,

Thanks for your feedback, I agree that it would be a very useful addition.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back