GPS track with Mobius + RegistratorViewer

Gilbates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone played with RegistratorViewer and Mobius recordings ?? i have only just found RV tonight and its a great piece of software for viewing recordings, what i find interesting is that RV has the ability to import GPS tracks, i am very aware of GPS issues if GPS hardware is too close to a Mobius but if not then all is well

I use a Windows Phone 8.1 and 10 for test purposes, unfortunately us WP users do suffer a terrible lack of apps but from a quick search of the apps we do have for our phone there are some promising GPS loggers, even IF they are not meant specifically for car travel, i`m looking forward to some testing tomorrow

Just wondered if anyone else has played with RV and Mobius and tracking GPS ?

several apps *appear* to give the option to output csv, kml and or gpx files, syncing ...in theory should be fine, if the camera remains stationery so does the GPS.. in theory, personaly i would love the Mobius to have GPS but that would introduce a host of issues but still... it would be nice

Racerender

SlideTA.jpg

I don`t tested it, but loock good

http://racerender.com/RR3/Features.html

Using Your Smartphone iPhone & iPad Version (iOS)

http://racerender.com/TrackAddict/Features.html

Last edited:
not available for windows phone 8.1, just like many other apps we are sorely missing

My main goal is the ability to save a gps route with the phone and easily access and export the saved file, many apps have maps and bells and whistles galore, all that does is eat the battery, just saving a GPS route as a simple file will be less taxing on the battery, infact it could be marketed as a dash cam GPS companion app, with a link to RV in the apps about section !

Wish i could write software, i have so many apps in my head ... where they always stay sadly

Would be much easier to stick a mini 0801 in the back window to log the GPS, then I think RV will find the gps from the mini files and display it with both the Mini and Mobius video based on time. I don't have a Mobius to confirm that but I think it will...

Probably will Nigel but its extra cost if you dont already own a 0801, i`m doing this really out of interest, i like gadgets and .... if i can i will :) plus FREE with existing hardware useage is always a good thing, how annoying would it be to have had the option but never having thought about it so never using it.

By chance i had some GPS tracks saved on my onedrive due to cycling last year, i loaded a track into RV and ran a totaly unrelated vid clip and it worked like a charm, so now i need to make the 2 relevant vid clip and track, as i said its defo not important, just something to have because i can, perhaps a first world conundrum :)

Back