GPS tracker for your car, these any good?

oh crap, where did you get the details that 2g is on the way out? I havent heard anything about it.

Its an industry thing, they start shutting it down next year, rumor is Telstra have not been repairing faulty 2G stuff already but not sure how true that is, the spectrum is going and will be reallocated to some other purpose, that I know

well time for you to start making a nice 3G gps tracker then.

i'll be your beta tester, I dont know why they are still selling 2G stuff then if its not going to be around much longer.

2G is still out there, our market is tiny though so nothing specific for us and what happens here

2G is still out there, our market is tiny though so nothing specific for us and what happens here

Where is 2G still in use? I do see a lot of people still selling 2G & I often wonder who's buying them.

After doing some research, i've narrowed my search down (i'm also looking for a solution) to
T800 from amazon.com
GPYes 4G GPS Tracker Device

Anyone have any other recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is 2G still in use? I do see a lot of people still selling 2G & I often wonder who's buying them.

After doing some research, i've narrowed my search down (i'm also looking for a solution) to
T800 from amazon.com
GPYes 4G GPS Tracker Device

Anyone have any other recommendations?
that post was from 5 years ago, there was still 2G in use at that time

My TK102 clone is still working ok in the UK (giffgaff which I think is o2's network)

They will surely be switching off 2G very soon though so I will have to start looking for a replacement

Yeah here in Denmark they regularly shuffle around frequencies for this and that, even 3G is a done deal for some providers here, but others keep those even expand on them not least 900 MHZ 3G

As best I know 2G is dead here in the US, and some services have already or soon will switch 3G off. Mine is going to limit the number of 3G devices which will work soon (maybe already has?) and has a list of those it will still support. But in time those will also be phased out.

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Off Topic 5
V Off Topic 0
S Off Topic 3
mollydog Off Topic 6
Back