GS1000 stop recording after few minutes

jack

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Hello!
I bought a GS1000 model more than 1 year ago, so no warranty anymore I presume ? , on aliexpress in china.
it used to work fine, since few days when I verify recordings using Registrator Viewer I noticed that recordings stop after 3 up to 5 minutes after turning on engine..

what could be an issue to verify, anothe SD card ? any option to be turned off in the camera ?
please help

thanks!

Probably is no update, reset to defaults and try again if still no good it might be time to look for something new

Probably is no update, reset to defaults and try again if still no good it might be time to look for something new

my current firmware is SMH4.36.22.0812B, I wonder where to check whether there is anything newer ?

I don't see any on: http://dashcamtalk.com/gs1000/#Firmware

is there any difference between 'default settings' in camera menu and this reset button ?

Going by the firmware version it's a Samoon product, you could try looking for similar Texet models and see if any firmware updates available

Always a chance if bricking it but if it's otherwise not going to work for you then not a lot to lose

I disabled the option that turns off the screen and I noticed that after few minutes there's a message on the screen: storage II error

does it mean that the micro SD card has failed ?

I disabled the option that turns off the screen and I noticed that after few minutes there's a message on the screen: storage II error

does it mean that the micro SD card has failed ?

First off the bat, is your memory card a class 4, class 6 or class 10 memory card ?
To record at 1080p you need a class 10 card.

And get the micro sd cards that are already formatted.
Best brands. Corsair, Kinston and A-RAM.
Brands to avoid. Sandisk.

Some of the good micro sd cards have error correction and some don't.
The ones that don't always seem to stop working.

Some brands the cards are not formatted and you will need to format it in the camera itself.

I would buy another micro sd card and a different brand and make quite sure its a class 10 card.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
F GSXXXX 14
Back