GS1000 - Which Firmware can I update?

User555

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Last edited:
First to state:it is not a professional voice. As for your situation, I think you could take a shot.

What if it is not the correct FW?
Can I switch back? Where to get the original FW?

Ambarella cams are pretty hard to brick, that said though if you don't have a copy of the original firmware trying another one may leave you with a non working product, there are too many different versions of this same product to know where it came from and what the original firmware is and any others that may be compatible, very risky

Last edited:
For the Dash cam, you'd better not to update the FW, if you CAM has some problems you could ask your retailer to help you to fix it. And if you want the original FW, you could find it in the official site or ask you retailer to help you.

I have asked the seller about the FW but he couldn´t help me :-/
Is there a possibility to backup the FW first so I can switch back if something went wrong with the new firmware?

Have tried to back-up my FW but without any success.
I have copied the file to my SD-Card, put the card in the dashcam and turned the cam on -> nothing is happening
After about 5 min. I have turned off the cam and checked the SD-Card but there is no FW on it.... :-/

if you haven't been able to back it up then I certainly wouldn't suggest trying another firmware as you could well end up with a brick and no way to recover

hi, user555. My personal suggest is if you do not have a new FW to your cam, do not try to upgrade, even do not try another firmware. If you back up the FW and wanna make a shoot, it could be hard to come back. So if you get questions to your cam, fix the problem itself. Good luck.

Back