GS2000 Firmware update?

erkme73

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
a119v3 x 4
I just received the subject device from eBay seller SainSpeed_US (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... OU:US:3160)

I've only had it on the road for the day, but so far it's working great right out of the box. GPS locks inside my house within 5 seconds of power up, video is smooth, no gaps, good clarity, etc.

When the device powers up, it shows a momentary splash screen "inivision". The menus are blue. And the firmware is showing "V1.0.0C2NA".

I've read all the detailed FAQ's for the GS1000 and their derivatives, but I can't find any mention of this firmware. Nearly everything else starts with a 2, 3, or 4.

My reason for wanting to upgrade is to get the KPH change to MPH. I've sent an email to the seller earlier today, but given the weekend, I suspect I won't hear back until Monday.

In all other aspects, this $60 camera is every bit as good as my Blackvue 400 and 500... in fact, with a 9Mb bit rate, it's actually a bit better than the 7.5Mb bit rate on the BV.

Last edited by a moderator:
can you post a pic of the menu and also a screenshot of a recording, it might help to work out what you have

Sure...

Snapshot of video:

And photo of menu showing firmware:

Attachments

• Gs2000 snapshot.jpg
    Gs2000 snapshot.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 368
  • GS2000 menu.jpg
    GS2000 menu.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 375
ok, can't give a 100% surety but it looks like at an Ambarella A2S60 and possibly from Samoon (originally), you may find some other firmware that will work with it, not sure you'll find anything that has MP/H display though as their market is predominantly metric, I'd suggest trying to back up the firmware off the camera before you do try any others though, if you can't back it up and can't get another copy don't try another firmware as you could end up with a brick

if the speed display can be disabled from being shown then you can still record your videos and view playback with imperial speed display by using registrator viewer for playback (assuming your model is supported, most common models are), you can get that from here http://www.registratorviewer.com/download_en.html there is an option in the settings to show metric or imperial measures

Last edited by a moderator:
The effort and advice is certainly appreciated. I tried the firmware backup approach listed here using the .ash file. Unfortunately, the camera simply booted up as normal, and did nothing with the ash file. Thus, unless others have alternate suggestions, I'm going to leave well enough alone. Without the ability to restore a backup, it's a bit to risky for my taste.

Speed cannot be disabled (other than completely turning off the GPS). The Registrator Viewer is wicked powerful. It works great with this camera, as well as my Blackvues. In fact, it's going to replace the stock player that came with the BV.

erkme73 said:
The effort and advice is certainly appreciated. I tried the firmware backup approach listed here using the .ash file. Unfortunately, the camera simply booted up as normal, and did nothing with the ash file. Thus, unless others have alternate suggestions, I'm going to leave well enough alone. Without the ability to restore a backup, it's a bit to risky for my taste.

Speed cannot be disabled (other than completely turning off the GPS). The Registrator Viewer is wicked powerful. It works great with this camera, as well as my Blackvues. In fact, it's going to replace the stock player that came with the BV.

well if nothing else at least if the speed is displayed it clearly shows it's KM/H so you won't need to explain yourself should the speed displayed come into question, a bit of an annoyance but if it's otherwise working fine and you're happy with the results then it's still a good buy

Hi all, new to this forum so first and foremost hello to everybody out there! :)

Sorry to bump an old thread, I was hoping someone one out there would be able to help me out!

I stupidly tried to update the firmware in the above camera not realising it was a Chinese copy of a gs2000. And I didn't save a backup as for some reason it failed and wasn't able too.
Stupidly I overwrote the original firmware and have now basically bricked the device. :(

The version is V1.0.0C2HA

I have tried many other firmware files and have had no luck at all. The only one that powers on the cam is the usb1.1.1 or thereabouts off this site. However none of the buttons work and the screen is all messed up! :S

The original firmware had a blue menu, the speed displayed on the lower left, the date/time on the upper left and "ITracker" displayed on the top right if it helps.
The cam is gps equipped if it helps.

Would anyone be so kind as to send me a copy of this firmware or a link to it so I can get this camera working again? (only 1 day old :S ) aarrrgh! lol

Id be more than happy to try different firmwares and use this cam as a guinea pig if it helps anyone else out there!

many thanks from Tassie, Australia!
Cheers!

Should also add, when it was turned on originally the picture was I think, a Mercedes car. Not 2 bikes.
Cheers!

Hi jokiin I have tried every samoon firmware file I have found with no luck :( Unit wont even power on. Only file I have had any luck with is the old blue menu usb file which allows me to update firmware when labeled as "yamaha.bin" but every file I have tried refuses to even power on the camera.
I have also contacted the ebay seller however they say they can not obtain the firmware. The factory wont give it out or something *bangs head* :(

kalki324 said:
I have also contacted the ebay seller however they say they can not obtain the firmware. The factory wont give it out or something *bangs head* :(

factory will always provide the stock firmware, perhaps your eBay seller doesn't know who that factory is though, most eBay sellers aren't doing large enough quantities to buy directly from factories so would normally buy through a trading company, usually with zero support

I think I have the same camera, but with a slightly newer firmware (1.0.2 C2HA) See the attached for the menu.

I wanted one of the "real" ones but Alibaba won't sell to me because I'm in Washington State!

Video Sample:

Purchased from:
http://www.ebay.com/usr/2010ljc2012
(2010ljc2012)

Mine seems to work ok, though I have an issue with the battery dying due to my commute being too short to properly charge it, causing the camera to turn off even when powered via the charger.

It also won't back up by putting the autoexec file in the root of a formatted SD card either.

GPS seems to lock on quickly though.

If someone can tell me how to get the firmware backup to work I'd be happy to upload the one on the cam.

Attachments

• firmware.jpg
    firmware.jpg
    367.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Mine seems to work ok, though I have an issue with the battery dying due to my commute being too short to properly charge it, causing the camera to turn off even when powered via the charger.

how many amp is the charger you have?

how many amp is the charger you have?

I'll have to look, I'm at work and it's out in the car. It's the one the camera came with. Part of the problem is I had the LCD set to "on" because of the confusing way the menu entry is worded for the screen auto shutoff, which I just figured out today while playing with it.

having the LCD shutoff will help, you'll need at least 1.5 amp charger for it to operate correctly, less than this you'll find the battery won't charge while being used

Bleah, it's a 1.0 amp. I hope turning the LCD off helps because I don't much feel like re-running the wire in a hidden manner as the end is a hard-wired cigarette-lighter plug.

I'm thinking it's less an issue now of charger power, and more an issue of the $#@$@# thing locking up and not turning itself off. I don't think it likes the cold. I've had to start carrying a paperclip in the car so I can press the reset button before I drive anyplace because the stupid thing turns on for a few seconds, then the screen goes black (but you can tell the backlight is still on) and it doesn't record anything until you press the reset button.

A dashcam isn't much good if you have to reset it every time you go someplace!

Back