GS600 - a couple of questions

Zippo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Battery: I gather from browsing this forum that the internal battery's main (if not only) role is to close the current file when external power is removed. Mine came as a BNIB unit in March from a friend but has never closed the "current file" when power is switched off. The specs in the user manual I have actually says 3.7V 190mAh which is different to what has been discussed here. I'm on the road at the moment and unable to rip it apart to check or to replace it so any comments on mAh capacity others may have found would be helpful. Also 3.7V sounds very much like a rechargeable Lithium type, but I gather it isn't. ?

Log revue app: There was an app on the card when first formatted in the dashcam called logrevue or similar which gave a display of the .mov file and the XYZ G values below it. But because I had accumulated a number of those "unclosed" files and the contents of the card appeared undeletable, I reformatted it and there is no sign of the app. Am I dreaming, or does it actually exist?

Thanks guys from a newbie.

Replaced the battery with a cheapie ex ebay. Now closes the current file when power source (ignition) turned off.

cant we just remove the battery from the cameras and run a long lead to under the dash or something to a cooler place to make them last longer??

The battery in mine was DOA. Obviously you could run a lead to an external battery if you want to, but replacing it certainly gives a neater result if like me you have already gone to the trouble of concealing the power cable behind the headlining and A-pillar trim.

Back