niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
In looks like Ambarella A7 CPU "boom" is starting to grow:

Of course I guess A7 CPu used is the very basic .
Specs says 4K, but thats not true.
Also 1/3.2" CMOS sensor looks to be too small for good performance, or maybe that is wrong specs written there.

On ALiexpress there are few sellers advertising same A7 CPU based dash cams:
http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?Sea ... 0910221535

They are not exactly what I am personally looking for, but it is good step into a new generation of dash cams.

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 203
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 201
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 199
Re: Ambarella A7 Super HD 2304*1296P 30FPS GPS WDR

amba A7 or A7-L , because A7-L are proper to car.

Not sure what exact correct hardware used. There are so much miss-leading info in those so called "new generation" A7 dash cams. I would not rush into buying them now because they are in the early stage of developing.

Reactions: Jim

Yep,I also found A7 becomes the mainstream choice to many vendors.

Recently I am very curious about GS6000 Ambarella A7 in a online store which I had purchased

And I got some disassembled pics about GS6000 A7
I hope DashCam friends can carry out a topic with GS6000 A7 :D

A7_05_zpsd4297fb2.jpg

A7_06_zps9798b3ff.jpg

A7_07_zps33cec6b1.jpg

A7_08_zps154df446.jpg

A7_09_zpsfabf0055.jpg

Thanks.
Leon

So you already received it, or just bought and still waiting to be a delivered,?
Would be interesting to see real life performance.

Strange that link you gave first page shows gs6000 A7 but when clicking on item specs, it shows 0801 dash cam, at least on mobile m.aliexpress.

P.S. I have added into thread title GS6000. Moderators can move it into GS-... sub-forum.

niko said:
So you already received it, or just bought and still waiting to be a delivered,?

Strange that link you gave first page shows gs6000 A7 but when clicking on item specs, it shows 0801 dash cam, at least on mobile m.aliexpress.

P.S. I have added into thread title GS6000. Moderators can move it into GS-... sub-forum.

there's a vendor section where E-Prance can promote their products, maybe they're not aware of this ;)

typical Samoon standard product I guess

Samoon is manufacturer for Texet and other big companies which capable of placing huge orders.
If you can buy 1000pcs, they can print "any" logo you want and even can customize firmware / hardware to your needs. Am I right?
Ok, will check vendors section. Have not visited it lately :)

jokiin said:
niko said:

there's a vendor section where E-Prance can promote their products, maybe they're not aware of this ;)

I have checked vendors sub-forum where e-prance advertises their product under other username. So I guess "Leon" username is their another one. This is confuses many forum members. Not sure if this is allowed for vendors to have many different username accounts to promote products they sell?

It is samoon product, now they only have sample now, it can be for sell next week.
As samoon told me, we share same sample with e-prance, I don't think e-prance have any in stock.
Below is night video sample I got from samoon, it seems there is audio issue, this will be fixed on final product.

3H2F video info, 2304*1296 30fps video, bit rate is 18.2Mbps.

Attachments

• 3h2f-audio-info-2.jpg
    3h2f-audio-info-2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 3h2f-video-info.jpg
    3h2f-video-info.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 29
3H2F video info, 2304*1296 30fps video, bit rate is 18.2Mbps.

Hello

I just got this camera. In what program do you see all this information ?
And I guess those *.mov files on camera storage card are considered RAW files ?

Even Windows can show you the bitrate info in file properties

Yes anything straight off the camera is considered raw files

Hello

I just got this camera. In what program do you see all this information ?
And I guess those *.mov files on camera storage card are considered RAW files ?

I use KM player to look into the extended properties because some time windows shows incorrect data, especially bit-rate.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Media Info or if you have K-lite codec pack on your computer, you'll be able to use Media Info without install it, because there is on the codec pack.

I uploaded the above; YouTube does not reflect the
Super HD 2304*1296P 30FPS.

YouTube only display up to 1080p, they re-encode and add their crapify filter to files anyway, raw video files are the way to go, somewhere like www.mega.co.nz is a good place to host large files as their servers are fast

your lucky your silver lady is still attached to the bonnet of your rolls here in france or in the uk it would have disappeared long ago :( probably the car along with it.......Ipol

I see that your car is the same age as mine :D unfortunately thats where the similarity ends ...........Ipol

Back