GS8000 only recording a few minutes

cheekytrucker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo GS8000 GPS & X2 HD 720P GPS & GT680W GPS
Hi,
I have just taken delivery of a VIOFO GS8000 with GPS option from FOXOFFER.

http://www.foxoffer.com/viofo-gs8000-10 ... UbTMhyeOSo

I am using a genuine Samsung 32gb class 10 micro sd card.
http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Micro-SDHC/Sa ... s-Class-10

I am having a problem with it, as follows.
It is powered by the cigarette lighter cable which came in the box.
The GS8000 starts fine when the car is started.
Recording begins after a few seconds.
Recording stops after a minute or two, then a minute or two later it starts again.
Recycle : 5 Minutes
delay off : YES
IR light : off
Motion Det : On
MD Sens : 4
Auto Off : 3 MINS
Light Freq : 50Hz
LCD OFF : On
G Sensor : 7
GPS : YES
Pla. Stamp : A12345678
version : V1.0.8 G82A K

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
G.

Last edited by a moderator:
will try and let you know, ta, G

Yes, i believe it will work.
If that flag is "on" then camera records only when detecting movement, it is so called parking mode. It works in some cameras but not so good in GS series cameras.

Re-format the SD card in your computer, FAT32

Should fix your problem.

looks to be sorted, 8mins 26 secs and counting.

many thanks
G
:D

Your very welcome :)

many thanks, definately sorted, used all night last night in my work truck, worked a treat.

cheers for the help

Just remember to set the LCD to turn off after a few mins, else Mr Vosa will be well twitchy, you lads coming across the pond get pulled much more than us on the mainland afaik near the port dont you ?

cheers for the heads up.
Just a note, really impressed with the quality of the video for the price I paid.
So far I would recommend this camera to anyone wanting a cheap dvr for their car/truck. The wide angle lens shows pretty much everything you can see through a truck windscreen.
I have just taken delivery of an X2 HD 720P Mini Dual Lens DVR with GPS option from Aliexpress ( http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/217875619.html ) for my wifes car, hopefully this works as well as the GS8000, if so I will order another for my car.
Unfortunately Northern Ireland has followed in the footsteps of some other places in terms of fraudulent and exaggerated insurance claims and I have found I need to 'cover my back'.

Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I think in close future camera markets will explode in western europe and usa, for now this has been thing only in rather small group of people.
Police in finlad is worried (secretly i think) that these cameras will add their work when somebody sees a terrible speeding (+10kmh) and then hurry to police demanding that this criminal must have a speeding ticket, here is video evidence.
At the moment there is no official status for dvr in finland, one simple cop gave opinion in newspaper that these cameras maybe could be illegal for privacy reason, i think this was quite ridiculous because anyone can use videocamera on the street, so why videocamera in a car would be any different.

I don't know that there will be a market explosion anytime soon, you do see spikes in interest when something major happens, meteor strike, big news event regarding road rage etc that gets caught on camera, there is generally a bit of a snowball effect though, someone gets a camera, their friends get interested, they get one, their friends get interested etc which will see sales of these improve as the network gets wider, it will also help speed development and lower cost as the market grows which is good for everyone concerned

I can see new cars in the future coming with camera already incorporated at the factory to aid crash investigation, possibly even insurance discounts for cars with such cameras. A few years ago sat navs were extremely expensive add-ons, as with dvrs at present, now look at the number of cars coming with sat nav already incorporated.

cheekytrucker said:
I can see new cars in the future coming with camera already incorporated at the factory to aid crash investigation, possibly even insurance discounts for cars with such cameras. A few years ago sat navs were extremely expensive add-ons, as with dvrs at present, now look at the number of cars coming with sat nav already incorporated.

sat nav started out very expensive, I used to sell them way back when, early systems were $5,000 installed and weren't sold very often (as I'm sure you could appreciate), they had a sales increase when the price got down to $999 which took a few years and the people that were buying could justify the need, tradespeople etc, when they got to $299 the sales blipped again as the average Joe could justify the cost, still a bit of a luxury but people were still willing, these days sub $100 everyone has them and don't feel the need to justify the expense as it's not a lot of money to most

for the car cameras there hasn't been a big drop like this in proportion, they're still very much something people want more than they need (with a few exceptions, Russia as protection against fraud, Korea with insurance incentives) and the price hasn't dropped a whole lot, I feel they're similar to computer products though where you don't see a great shift in price each year but rather you get a lot more for the same money than you did last year as the product gets faster, better etc, there will come a point where the standard is high enough that the prices will start to drop a bit, they can get a bit cheaper than where they are right now but it will take higher volumes to achieve that, we're not quite there yet

that's my take on it anyway for what it's worth

One thing that has and is restricting sales is availability of dvr's, now you have to buy these cameras from the internet, and if you can't do that then it's very difficult to find one. User Tekno gave that link to finnish general store that start to sell dvr's in finland, it's a very first start here, decent dealer and decent product with quarantee.
Availability is first step if you try to sell to masses.

Among fellow drivers at the company I work I am asked about my Cam nearly every day by various people and asked for technical details, where to buy etc, what model blah blah........the truck driving and van driving community in the UK are picking these up quicker and quicker than ever before, I have been using one the past 3 years now, at one time maybe one or two of 120 truck drivers in the company, now it is more like 20% have one, and more like another 25% intend getting one soon.

Back