Hello everyone. My father had one of these Old Shark GS8000L cameras with the date code fault. I tried several different firmwares on these forums and they all bricked it. The fault was a red Mercedes appeared on screen then it went blank and beeped intermittently. After exhausting all the different firmwares, I emailed Old Shark direct and they sent me a new firmware literally within a few minutes!
Instructions from Old Shark:
We are sorry for the problem,the solution of date and time setting is to update the dashfam with patch software.
Enclosed kindly check the bin file.
1. Please download the bin file to your computer.
2. Copy the bin file to a blank memory card.(You can use the sd card come with the camera,must delete all the files in the sd card,then put the bin file to the sd card)
3. Insert the SD card into dash cam, waiting until it turns on automatically, it will automatically upgrade.
4. Format the memory card on dashcam.
Steps of format memory card:
1. Stop recording by press "REC". The device is now in standby mode.
2.Press the"Menu" button two times. Press up or down button to select the "Format" option.
3. Press the REC button to enter the "Format" sub-menu.4. For " All data will be deleted" Choose "REC" to delete
I loaded the firmware attached onto an empty 32GB card and then powered the camera. It will remain black screen for a while - don't turn it off, be patient! If you look closely at the Power LED, it does flash blue/red very quickly. Eventually, it should power back up. The default language seemed to be Chinese so you will need to revert back to English which is relatively simple. Stop the recording by pressing REC. Then press Menu twice to get to the settings Menu. Fourth menu item down is language. Click MODE to enter and then select English and click MODE again. Hopefully, that should be it!!
Let me know if you have any problems or even if this worked - keen to know if it helps anyone!