GS90C A7LA70 Custom firmware

LiveTrash

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Got this camera not too long ago to replace my G90 front facing. I now have the G90 facing the rear of the vehicle on the back window. Along with this I've gone ahead and hard wired them into the vehicle with the help of the Power Magic Pro kit. The kit works great and I like the ability to either have it run when the car is off or not run when the car is off. I have a driveway so I see no real need to have it run when at home. I leave it run in parking lots and of course if I need to park on the street somewhere.

The only thing I haven't been able to get working well is the recording types and having them not interfere with the way the camera powers down. Allow me to explain. Right now the cameras are set to turn on and begin recording when the vehicle is turned on (I don't think this can be disabled and is a default setting). I have no motion detection on and the cameras are set to turn off after 15 seconds when power is lost. So, when I park my vehicle and leave the cameras run, rather than having them record constantly, I'd like to have the motion detection feature run to fit more possibly important footage on the card rather than absolutely nothing happening at all. So I enabled motion detection and it seems to work fine. The only problem I run into is when I turn the vehicle on, it starts recording automatically and doesn't stop when there's no motion. It continues to record until I hit the OK button and then it begins to record via motion detection. That is alright I guess for the front one, easy to switch. But the rear isn't very easy to get at to do this all the time. I suppose a 2CH dashcam would solve this problem, but I'm here with 2 separate ones and enjoy them. The other problem I run into is that if I shut the vehicle off and it stops recording and begins to power down automatically, if it detects motion in that brief period it will record for the 10 seconds and then stay on and not automatically power down. I am aware of a Auto Power Off function that turns it off after nothing has been recorded, but that doesn't solve the problem either. If I have the power cut to the camera completely it will continue to record if there's motion until the battery on the camera runs out (and of course with this battery that won't take long). I haven't been able to figure out how to configure the settings to get around these issues. The only thing I can think of is a custom firmware upgrade that could configure the camera in such a way that it will work to my specifications. How easy is it to make slight modifications to the firmware? Does anyone here do such a thing?

tl;dr I am thinking custom firmware may solve my problem and if anyone is able to assist, please read the post. Thank you!

Back