GS90C Customizing firmware using A.F.T.

in 1138 version
now cam doesnť work, is not able , to reset, turn on, or got boot mode ... very strange ... battery very hot, after cut battery wire and connection is batery cold. After pushing any button or conneting to PC is battery very warm ... and i only uploaded 2 pics in the firmware .... so i think it is KO and need order new one , no more customization, only OEM and verified firmware vesions only in future
First of all, the 1138 version of the firmware doesn't properly work with AFT.
Second, what's the status of your camera more exactly ? we can fix it.

Last edited:
About problems with AFT and 1138 A7 version i didn't see anything at this forum, I spend about 4 hours searching for information about firmware update by AFT and by DirectUSB.

Status of cam seems really bad:
- last firmware update update has 5/5 steps , others firmwares has 6/6 (I think some kind of loader not instaleed maybe ...)
- power button - not work
- reset button - not work
- boot mode by holding right button - not work
- connecting charging cable - not work, only blue LED lighting
- connecting cable to PC - not work, only blue LED lighting
- battery - very heat, when i cut plus cable (red) and solder it back (by Weller tip solderer station) , battery get cold, but after pushing any button or connecting cable runs battery to high temperature again

Before last firmware update everything works great (reflashing bad firmware by DirectUSB, and then using OEM 1138 firmware). If is still any way to repair it, I'm listening
(sorry for my english)

reset button - not work
What happens when the dashcam is connected to USB port and you press the reset ?
If not, try something like that: keep power button pressed (some seconds) and then plug the USB cable (while keeping the button pressed ...some seconds).

PS: me too, I thought I killed my cam (as in your case the LEFT button didn't have any effect; no USB detection, nothing) but in the end the problem was solved.
PPS: please take some pictures of the board, especially the charging part.

Last edited:
will try other button combinations with plugging PC cable
Charging/ power area OK - I work as electro-mechanic, assembling SMD parts to boards, repairing broken or bad soldered parts and making optical inspection
=========================
EDIT: so i tried all combinations of buttons and plugging PC cable - At Windows device manager nothing appeared

Last edited:
EDIT: so i tried all combinations of buttons and plugging PC cable - At Windows device manager nothing appeared
As I wrote, I had a similar problem (because I played with DirectUSB more than it was needed :D); anyway I thought I killed the dashcam, but in the end it was detected.
Now, that you pressed the power button, does the LEFT button work ? Did it work ? Have you seen the Ambarella dev board detected in your "device manager" ?

Anyway, what happens when the dashcam is connected to USB port and you press the reset ? do you hear some noise ?

- power button + cable - not work
- power button - not work
- power button + left - not work
- power button + cable + left - not work
- left - not work
- reset -not work, no noise

At any case red LED not blink or lighting, only blue (cable connected) lightning

At Device manager no unknown/new device - still like on picture

Attachments

• devman.png
    devman.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 7
The power button "method" is in the place of reset (not for activating the development mode). I'm sure the dashcam is not dead.
Step by step; you wrote
DirectUSB solved my problem
so, does it mean DirectUSB detected the camera priori this problem ?
At any case red LED not blink or lighting, only blue (cable connected) lightning
Don't worry about the LED; when the camera is detected by your computer, the problem is solved.

Last edited:
The power button "method" is in the place of reset (not for activating the development mode). I'm sure the dashcam is not dead.
Step by step; you wrote

so, does it mean DirectUSB detected the camera priori this problem ?

Don't worry about the LED; when the camera is detected by your computer, the problem is solved.
1) firts time when i solved firmware problem by holding RIGHT and connect pc cable was success for detection and for connect via DirectUSB, but now is this method dead

2)yes , i know , one and only problem is detection, then it is chill way :D

holding RIGHT and ...
Yes, you're RIGHT :D
If remember well, I think in my case I erased the firmware of the dashcam and then I disconnected it without writing the new ELF file (because of some problem with a virtual machine I had to restart my computer). Anyway, when I tried to connected it again, I had a similar problem as in your case: no detection at all. So, I played with power , left, right buttons until it woke up.

Today I make battery unplug connector for easy way to hard off (dissassembling and reassembling is not very effective method), now i will try few combination with battery unpluging between them

Is it possible to turn on dvr without camera sensor ?

Attachments

• 26087.jpg
    26087.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 26088.jpg
    26088.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 26093.jpg
    26093.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hah holy sh *** *sdf sdfg fdgsdjřčáýí áéí YEEEEEEEP , comera GOES wooohooo.

================================================================

My procedure:
1) battery unplug for 30 seconds
2) battery plug
3) hold RIGHT arrow button and inser mini USB cable to PC
4) At Device manager - Amabarella device appeared
5) Run DirectUSB at a7lbub mode, download (bookmark), insert in Firmware programming right version + Verify checkbox
6) click Connect
-> OK
7)click Erase
-> OK
8) click Download
-> OK , all Success
9) unplug camera from PC
10) pressed power button
-> DVR works ;-)

Attachments

• dirUSB.png
    dirUSB.png
    146.2 KB · Views: 9
  • devicemanager.png
    devicemanager.png
    38.3 KB · Views: 7
comera GOES wooohooo.
Perfect; I was almost sure it wasn't dead :D
1) battery unplug for 30 seconds
2) battery plug
Pressing the power button for some time (+ some other buttons) will have had a similar result (because that is how I solved my problem; without disconnecting the battery).
Anyway, it's good the dashcam is working again. For the moment don't use anymore the AFT. If you still want to change the firmware, see the Ambarella Shell Commands (ambsh commands).

PS: in your screen captures I've also seen something else :cool:

Yes best game ever, made in my town (not capital), next this game icon is LHMP icon lost heaven multiplayer released as RC 5.8.2015 www.lh-mp.eu ... Sorry for OT ;-)

Back