GT550W WDR GPS F1.6 from Shadow Tec by TioTec dash camera

Have you tried another USB cable and SD card?
What about a reset (pin hole)

Have you tried another USB cable and SD card?
What about a reset (pin hole)

I have used both USB cable and car charger cables. Both times I got blue light but no screen. I have used with and without SD card, also different SD card, not working.
Just tried the reset, still nothing.

Well if the reset does not work I would contact your seller and try to get a replacement as it appears DOA. Just one thing, if you leave it with the blue light on for an hour or two does the blue light go off eventually?

You could try pressing and holding the reset then introduce power.. Hold for 10 sec, sometimes that will get it to go. But you should be getting a replacement, just what happens with retailers who don't take the time to check.

NO SD card in!!

Last edited:
You could try pressing and holding the reset then introduce power.. Hold for 10 sec, sometimes that will get it to go. But you should be getting a replacement, just what happens with retailers who don't take the time to check.

NO SD card in!!

Thanks for your advise. I would probably wait for the seller's response to see if I can get a replacement.

Hi Jokiin,

I have a few issues with my just delivered GT550WS from FoxOffer.

Plugged my Samsung Plus 32GB UHS-I MicroSDHC card and then connected the USB cable to my PC. I then formatted the Samsung MicroSDHC card while plugged into the camera using default mode (Quick Format, FAT32, Default Allocation Size).

After that I rebooted the camera. It shows the live video for 1 second and then shows me this menu:

Only button to do anything is the top button on the power rocker switch with the red dot. Pressing that shows me this:

All other buttons don't do anything. Only thing to do now is to switch off and switch back on and same issue. Any ideas?

Thanks,
DS.
Hi, Are you getting the Samsung MicroSD card from mainland? If you are ordering this recorder bundled with Samsung memory card, chances of receiving an imitation memory card is very high. I have same bad experience before, not once buy twice !!

Hello,

My Shadow GT550ws came a couple of days before from the AliExpress. Yesterday I tried it in the 720p@60FPS mode. Right now I'm watching the recording - and it's awful. It is freezing a lot, the picture is really bad. In the properties I found that it has really 60fps but the quality is really awful.
Did somebody tried this mode? I'm using Transcend 10Class UHS-1 microSD card.

Thanks,
Alexander

Hello,

My Shadow GT550ws came a couple of days before from the AliExpress. Yesterday I tried it in the 720p@60FPS mode. Right now I'm watching the recording - and it's awful. It is freezing a lot, the picture is really bad. In the properties I found that it has really 60fps but the quality is really awful.
Did somebody tried this mode? I'm using Transcend 10Class UHS-1 microSD card.

Thanks,
Alexander

Just tried another Player (Quick Time instead of MPC) - playback is normal (no freezings) but the quality is still awful - cannot recognize car numbers right behind me. Previosly I had DOD F900LS DVR and it was working much better in this mode.

720p60 is generally awful on these, 1080p gives far better results
It's pity :( I thought that I'll be able to combine nice picture quality and 60 fps which can be useful to determine car numbers..
Is this a firmware issue? Maybe we can contact to Shadow and ask for the fix?

it can be improved, 60fps gives a smoother picture, I still feel 1080p30 is better though for this application

it can be improved, 60fps gives a smoother picture, I still feel 1080p30 is better though for this application
Bigger image resolution gives us more details from the image. But if your car is running pretty fast I believe that the more fps you have - the better numbers recognition you'll have. Because image will have less blur.

Bigger image resolution gives us more details from the image. But if your car is running pretty fast I believe that the more fps you have - the better numbers recognition you'll have. Because image will have less blur.

at 1080p on my camera I've caught license plates of cars going in the opposite direction while both are doing 100km/h, pretty sure that's sufficient for the task, I don't think 720p60 is going to do a better job, but your choice of course

Back