GT550W WDR GPS F1.6 from Shadow Tec by TioTec dash camera

Perhaps Jokiin can make sure his company's upcoming products don't fall into this same trap.
we'll be putting a lot of effort into how parking mode functions, it's one of those things that needs improving and since we have no batteries and can stay powered all the time our platform is more suitable for this anyway so certainly something we are focused on

Good to know steps will be taken to have it done right. Any idea if the new models will hit the markets before Christmas 2014?

KuoH

we'll be putting a lot of effort into how parking mode functions

Good to know steps will be taken to have it done right. Any idea if the new models will hit the markets before Christmas 2014?

KuoH

well they won't make Christmas 2013 but I'm sure 2014 is no issue ;)

we should be starting mass production next month

Does that mean you can release a features list and pricing information or is that still secret?

KuoH

we should be starting mass production next month

Hi Jokiin,

I have a few issues with my just delivered GT550WS from FoxOffer.

Plugged my Samsung Plus 32GB UHS-I MicroSDHC card and then connected the USB cable to my PC. I then formatted the Samsung MicroSDHC card while plugged into the camera using default mode (Quick Format, FAT32, Default Allocation Size).

After that I rebooted the camera. It shows the live video for 1 second and then shows me this menu:

Only button to do anything is the top button on the power rocker switch with the red dot. Pressing that shows me this:

All other buttons don't do anything. Only thing to do now is to switch off and switch back on and same issue. Any ideas?

Thanks,
DS.

Hi Jokiin,

I have a few issues with my just delivered GT550WS from FoxOffer.

Plugged my Samsung Plus 32GB UHS-I MicroSDHC card and then connected the USB cable to my PC. I then formatted the Samsung MicroSDHC card while plugged into the camera using default mode (Quick Format, FAT32, Default Allocation Size).

After that I rebooted the camera. It shows the live video for 1 second and then shows me this menu:

Only button to do anything is the top button on the power rocker switch with the red dot. Pressing that shows me this:

All other buttons don't do anything. Only thing to do now is to switch off and switch back on and same issue. Any ideas?

Thanks,
DS.

it's behaving just like it would if you were connected to a PC rather than a car charger

Funny you cannot access the menu system when connected to PC.

Don't have car at home at the moment to test it using the 12v source. Dang.

No more beers for me tonight.....

Cheers bud.

DS.

Just plug it into a USB power source, not a PC (something like a USB wall plug) and it might come up with the menu (some Car DVR's do work like this, but not all).

Cheers :) Mario

P.S. Keep enjoying those beers, don't let a DVR beat you ;)

Hi all, I got my GT550WS and GT680W shipped from China to Malaysia lately. Both recorders' software fail to playback video file, however it manage to show the location in map

Just tried............sigh, now question by friends why the bundled software doesn't work

Update you codec files and do a fresh install of program

Back