[Guide - Easy]Custom Firmware Release YI Dash Cam "CA" Serial. -No need Serial change anymore

AppleHolic

Reaction score
Country
Korea, Republic Of
WARNING! MAKING CHANGES TO YOUR FIRMWARE ARE PERFORMED AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR DASH CAM AS A RESULT OF THESE INSTRUCTIONS.

As i am Korean, so i am not good at English. please understand.

It's only CN serial version user guide

Easy to use.

Don't Change Serial anymore.
Just Check your chinese dashcam serial and flash custom firmware.

Don't forget this. never change serial. just flash custom firmware your CN dashcam.

Country code is "CN" firmware but this firmware language "US"

1st Group Custom Firmware : Download Fix Download Link
[CA21L - CA21W - CA18L - CA21B]

2nd Group Custom Firmware : Download Fix Download Link
[CABAA - CA31A]

1. Download your dashcam serial group file into your SD card and add the .bin extension to the end
  2. Insert this card back into your card and power it on again using the power cable
  3. Your camera should start updating your camera, once finished, accept all prompts.
  4. Format your card and you are finished
please don't upload another site.
i uploaded dashcamtalk only.

Have a good day.

[Korean Xiaomi Story Cafe User Only]
if your Xiaomi Story Cafe User..
This forum can not be written in Korean.
See the article on that Xiaomi Story.

http://cafe.naver.com/xst/153618 Part.0
http://cafe.naver.com/xst/153676 Part.1
its me. AppleHolic. ^^

Release Date
-----------------
2017-01-26
- 1.03.27-CN firmware release language US.

Last edited:
What's about update DashCam after this firmware? Example, DashCam app found new firmware update and after install this from phone, Language change to Chinese? Thanks.

What's about update DashCam after this firmware? Example, DashCam app found new firmware update and after install this from phone, Language change to Chinese? Thanks.
Don't worry about this. if found new firmware. i will release custom firmware.

Hello! How do you calculate the checksum? I want to increase the bitrate, but not piercing filled without proper checksum

Can i flash this FW into my Dashcam CABAAACNCG1648 V2.0? I don´t want to brick my cam, thanks ...
edit: nvm, i flashed it, and it WORKS! Thanks :)

Last edited:
Misho,
Do You have a BLACK Edition?

Grey CN edition. V2.0 is just a sticker at the camera bottom.

I encountered the same problem. I realised I have a CC version. I'm stuck with the pink screen. What do I do now?

I am JAFF, Korean, Too. ( jaffkim@naver.com )
Please help me.

View attachment 29978

First of all, I didn't know before that there was different version of it and went straight to changing it to the US version.

What I do is below :

1> I tried to reformat the SDCard, add the US SN.txt, add the engmode, add the AAA222CCC.txt

2> I tried to reformat the SDCard and tried with FWCARC10.bin only. the yellow light doesn't blink.

3> I closed everything and I tried to open it. I got the Pink Screen.

4> I tried to reformat the SDCard and tried with FWCARC12.bin only. Nothing, the yellow light doesn't blink.

FWCARC12.bin from http://www.xiaoyi.com/yi_dash_camera/download.html

I think my CC version had a US S/N still.

How I can re-cahnge US s/N to Original CN S/N ?

or Do you have a special method for re-make FWCARC12.bin with US S/N ?

Please help me.

JUST DOWNLOAD THE ENGLISH VERSION (FWCARC12.bin)
and done! mine working well

I joined just so that I could thank you AppleHolic. Installation went well and the camera works perfectly.

Hi,
Please help me.
I tried to change my cam from chinese to anglish and stuck with the screen saying:
"System language adaption fail. Access denied"

I think the problem happend because accidentially, the SN.txt file I saved with UTF-8 encoding.
Please can someone halp me..
How do I change the SN when I see the screen with the "System language adaption fail. Access denied" message??

thanks, Avi.

Got the same problem with 1st post fw. "System language adaption failed. Access denied"
I tried to restore back to fw chinese 1.03.026 but not success. I don't know what version of fw on 1st post, I think I have to download the correct version fw in chinese then change language with version number file

Got the same problem with 1st post fw. "System language adaption failed. Access denied"
I tried to restore back to fw chinese 1.03.026 but not success. I don't know what version of fw on 1st post, I think I have to download the correct version fw in chinese then change language with version number file

Hi chat2004,
I have the same problem, got a solution already?

Hi chat2004,
I have the same problem, got a solution already?
Yes, my dashcam was 1.03.026 US fw before. When flash fw from this post, got the problem.
I tried to flash back to 1.03.026 CN fw, but still got same problem (in chinese). Then, I tried flash back the fw 1.03.026 and it works.
I don't know why :)

Yes, my dashcam was 1.03.026 US fw before. When flash fw from this post, got the problem.
I tried to flash back to 1.03.026 CN fw, but still got same problem (in chinese). Then, I tried flash back the fw 1.03.026 and it works.

Thanks chat. It worked on me also. :)

My camera is on the second group CA31A And it still doesn't seem to work, is there any chance anyone can help me with that, in private? I didn't seem to find any fix for it online.

My camera is on the second group CA31A And it still doesn't seem to work, is there any chance anyone can help me with that, in private? I didn't seem to find any fix for it online.
@IcyGBait
Read thru thread below link... Got one post stated create 2 files and put into sdcard, it fixed mine as I noticed my ca31 unit sn being messed up by seller... So I use put the actual sn no from bottom of the unit below the qr code into sn.txt and another file AAA222CCC.txt into root of your ad card... Reboot your device and wait... If a blue screen pop up with the sn no you put in then it should be working now.. else hit reset!
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/yi-carcam-error-language.25685/

Old check your SN as it is same with your unit? Mine one being tempered by seller causing this... And I mange to get my unit running again with putting the actual sn of my unit.

Back