Guy filming himself singing in his car hydroplanes and flips

Looks like nothing happened.
Good for him.

Why airbags didnt deploy ?

Don't you find it weird that he didn't get off the seat while the bag in the back was "glued" to the roof for a split second? I assume there was a rollover because of the dent on the roof.

Don't you find it weird that he didn't get off the seat while the bag in the back was "glued" to the roof for a split second? I assume there was a rollover because of the dent on the roof.
seatbelt pre-tensioners. most modern cars have them. they work similar to an airbag in that there's a little explosive canister on the spool of the seatbelt that will actually yank the belt tight to remove any slack and help lock you in place. after they've been set off, the belt will never roll back up again. it's one of the reasons some people feel the need to carry something to cut the belt, because yes, it can sometimes make the belt a little more difficult to un-buckle, because it's been pulled tight.

but i'd say they worked perfectly here.

seatbelt pre-tensioners. most modern cars have them. they work similar to an airbag in that there's a little explosive canister on the spool of the seatbelt that will actually yank the belt tight to remove any slack and help lock you in place. after they've been set off, the belt will never roll back up again.
I know what they are, the 19 year old (;)) car I drive has them, but I didn't know that's how they work. Fortunately.

What was the old song? Paul Simon? 'Slip Sliding away...'

:)

Reactions: Mtz
That phone/camera holder/suction cup is great.
It still was there perfectly in the place taking the same FOV in the frame.

That phone/camera holder/suction cup is great.
It still was there perfectly in the place taking the same FOV in the frame.
good point. i was going to say it was a little shaky, but not bad considering it's probably holding a big ol' smartphone.

certainly not as shaky as the cheapo suction mount (came as one of the MANY accessories in a ~$25 kit from amazon) i used to hold a tiny git1 action cam in a race car:

headphones warning! - LOUD AUDIO -

He waaaayyy over corrected! Probably why he lost control once he hydroplaned.

"And now my life to you I give"... Sounds like something you might hear on a Sunday morning. Looks like he almost did.

ETA: Yup. YT description says he was practicing singing a "Casting Crowns" song - which is a Christian band...

I fail to understand why he kept the video.

Was he going to post it on youtube so Jesus could see it?

:)

I fail to understand why he kept the video.

Because somebody....somewhere....told him he's a good singer...and nobody had the heart to correct him.
He's also a champ of a good screamer....2 thumbs up!

Back