Guy on motorcycle does a wheelie

Also a left turn from the wrong lane at :09 by a newer style red Cavalier.

This was taken on the same street in December...

9T93HAL.jpg

For a fjew seconds i was looking at that pic thinking WTF is wrong with that, but then i saw it :rolleyes: just like my last upload to YT the guy is having a major brainfart.

FF to mid clip for simmilar brainfart, look on the other side of the intersection.

That guy is not dooing a wheelie, but for a fjew seconds he do apply too much trottle and by doing that illigally lift the front wheel off the ground.

For a fjew seconds i was looking at that pic thinking WTF is wrong with that, but then i saw it :rolleyes: just like my last upload to YT the guy is having a major brainfart.

That guy is not dooing a wheelie, but for a fjew seconds he do apply too much trottle and by doing that illigally lift the front wheel off the ground.
if he were to be ticketed, the charge would be "excessive acceleration" or "exhibition of acceleration". dunno what the fine is and it probably varies by state anyway.

As a avid wanna be stunter and if i have to say so myself pretty good at dooing a wheelie on a quad, i just had to put my foot down :D

I will proberly regret it, but if i win a little in lotto i would buy a stunt modified sport bike, allso if i by then is 55 years old and really shouldent be doing that with my helth and age :D

Wow not only do people not use provided turning lanes they make their own in oncoming traffic.

9T93HAL.jpg

Don't know what dashcam that is but it is useless at capturing license plates, not only can I not read them, but I can't actually see a single one o_O

Do you need a microfiche reader for plates in that state?

Actually, I was thinking the same thing about the first video here. Even at "1440p" I could not make out a single license plate in the video. Only when the car really pulled up behind the other car could you make out the plate.

Actually, I was thinking the same thing about the first video here. Even at "1440p" I could not make out a single license plate in the video. Only when the car really pulled up behind the other car could you make out the plate.

Youtube compresses and converts the videos... Meh

Nah, that's not it. Other Youtube videos of cars taken with other cameras have no problem seeing the plates. Youtube compresses and converts, but the video quality degradation is usually hardly noticeable.

sigh... the point @Nigel was making was that you can't see any plates in the still photo.... BECAUSE NOBODY HAS FRONT PLATES - florida only issues one plate and it goes on the back.

facepalm.jpg

sigh... the point @Nigel was making was that you can't see any plates in the still photo.... BECAUSE NOBODY HAS FRONT PLATES - florida only issues one plate and it goes on the back.

facepalm.jpg

Sigh, I got nigel's comment. It was funny.

I was referring to tooshy's comment.

facepalmbackatya.jpg

facepalm.jpg
I only posted that comment because I was a bit surprised that the car that we can see the back of appears to have no rear plate either! (in the lane with cars traveling in both directions)

It wasn't supposed to be a comment on the video quality, more on the desire to video license plates that appear to be designed not to be easily readable. The original video in post #1 looks decent enough to me.

Nigel, I understood what you were saying. The other guy (Tooshy) seems to be questioning video quality, so I am somewhat paranoid while I am still in me return window. :)

Last edited:
Well I think your cam is working fine. The video does look really good if you're looking for nice footage. My only question was with the detail / definition / dpi or whatever you want to call it in regards to view angle vs resolution, when it comes to resolving registration plates. Sorry for going off-topic here. If I'm out of line please tell me.
You obviously have more experience than us with your cam and have seen more footage than me on it. Generally speaking, do you feel you can relatively easily make out plates of the cars in front of you?
Here's an example of a short clip I found on my hdd from a couple of weeks ago.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byyz8zGZEnHDaVBvRVVGaWFLc00/view?usp=sharing
See if the plates of the cars are easier to resolve. Maybe our plates are just easier to read? Different coatings / larger digits?

Back