Hailstones vs car + 2 videos of naughty drivers

Werlcome to the forum vivi.
I tried that once too in my friends Land Rover, Hail in Denmark are generally pretty manageable, meaning they do not make dents in your car or break windows.

Werlcome to the forum vivi.
I tried that once too in my friends Land Rover, Hail in Denmark are generally pretty manageable, meaning they do not make dents in your car or break windows.
we do it differently down here, this was from the last one I got caught in

hail stone.jpg

This is what we got 5 days ago.

de0287ed-d086-4759-9478-c05e4132b28e.jpg

4 CM is about as big as they get here, but that is pretty rare with about 8 years in between events.

The biggest hail is of course American, weighing in at just about 900 grams and 20 CM in diameter,,,,,,,, thats one nugget you do not want to be under.

Hail size is an indicator of the strength of the updraft in a storm. Severe storms and tornadoes are often accompanied by 1 inch (25mm) diameter or larger hail. When you see hail that big, it's time to be heading for safety if you can. About 6-7 years ago a few pieces of 2 inch (50mm) hail landed in my yard accompanied by a large amount half that size. Luckily no damage, but that storm went on to produce a brief small weak tornado a few minutes after it passed over my house.

A friend had some pretty good hail dents in his 2 year old BMW. He used one of the 'paintless dent removal' services here which removed the dents so perfectly that I could not find any evidence of them at all afterward. I never thought it was possible till then, but I'm a believer now!

Phil

Back