Videos stored on a Google Drive can be played on Google Maps

Adel314

Reaction score
Country
Australia
If anyone has their videos stored on a Google Drive you can now share the folder and the files can be played and animated onto Google Maps. All you need to do is copy the link of the folder that contains the gps/gpz or .mp4 files and paste it into the text box (Step 3) and press "Share This Folder" and the files will be immediately available for playing on Google Maps. I have been playing with this for a few weeks and it appears to work quite well. The site link is https://dashcamroads.com/ . The files are anonymous and no personal details are available to anyone and are protected by the Google Drive API.

ShareDrive.png

Last edited:
I tried it with my Google Drive link but I think I have someone else's video.

I contacted the web site as well.

123.PNG

Last edited:
Are you able to share the actual SharedFolderID so we can see what the problem is please?

Last edited:
Sent it by email. Happy to help you track down the bug. Site looks like a very useful resource.

Looks like all the issues have been sorted - here is a screen capture of your trip. As you add individual routes, the software will join them all together so that you can replay the whole journey if you want.

Picture2.png

Last edited:
Back