Halfords cameras backwards?

I took this advice you offered in a previous post, and it solved the interference issue for me. There was a small metal box near the rear window that the DashCam cable was near until I re-routed the cable. Problem solved! Thanks!!
im glad to know you have fixed the problem because its driving me nuts... im going to try and move the cable tonight. wish me luck!

Believe me nuts does not adequately describe the feeling! It was an instant fix thanks to @Nigel

Bad news.... I rerouted the cable and still no radio! looks like I will be making a trip into Halfrauds...

Thanks for all of your help guys but the product was returned last night as unfit for purpose... the last straw was to be told by Halfords to go and buy another USB cable from Amazon (as the one in the box was causing the interference problem)... the flipped image on the rear view camera could not be fixed at my local store either... the Halfords staff were friendly enough and said I wasn’t the first to return this model... I am now doing some research for a new set of cameras, any recommendations would be welcome.

The A129 from Viofo will be out soon. Might be this month even.

Thank you for your enquiry.

I have attached a file with a firmware update for theHDC400 and HDC-R cameras. This should resolve the issue with the mirrored image you are having. Please follow the procedure below to install the update:-

• Once downloaded to your computer unzip the file
  • Place the unzipped file onto a Micro SD card in your computer (this will need to be done with the SD adapter normally provided with your Micro SD card or by using a card reader)
  • When this has been copied onto the Micro SD card place the card into the dash cam (ensure dash cam is powered off)
  • Connect power to dash cam and the dash cam will start the upgrade process (LED’s will flicker)DON’T TOUCH CAMERA UNTIL IT FULLY RESTARTS

Once restarted stop recording and enter your dash cam menu to FORMAT the Micro SD Card before using.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hmk449z6e8oher/R4_HDC400V031818_20180514.zip?dl=0

Dropbox link as file is too big (almost 3mb!)

I have attached a file with a firmware update for theHDC400 and HDC-R cameras. This should resolve the issue with the mirrored image you are having. Please follow the procedure below to install the update:-

• Place the unzipped file onto a Micro SD card in your computer (this will need to be done with the SD adapter normally provided with your Micro SD card or by using a card reader)
  • When this has been copied onto the Micro SD card place the card into the dash cam (ensure dash cam is powered off)
  • Connect power to dash cam and the dash cam will start the upgrade process (LED’s will flicker)DON’T TOUCH CAMERA UNTIL IT FULLY RESTARTS

Once restarted stop recording and enter your dash cam menu to FORMAT the Micro SD Card before using.

Good to see that Halfords accepted that there is an issue and released a firmware update to fix it.

Hi,

Do you have a firmware update to correct the mirror image for the HDC 300?

If so does this update also address the issue causing the HDC 300 to continually restart after several days rendering the device unusable?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

Do you have a firmware update to correct the mirror image for the HDC 300?

If so does this update also address the issue causing the HDC 300 to continually restart after several days rendering the device unusable?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

The answer is yes, I got the update very quickly from support@myhdchelp.com, and it installed without issues. And it seems to fix the constantly restarting issue.

Back