Hands on the Livue LB100. $100 korean 720p dashcam

Just got this camera

I plugged the SD card into my computer and installed the korean software but the screen just came up blank on the program after it installed.
Installed the Winycam version and the same thing.

Can anyone offer any help ?

Should I format the SD card as well? if so how do I do this ?

sshazam said:
Just got this camera

I plugged the SD card into my computer and installed the korean software but the screen just came up blank on the program after it installed.

Hi, sshazam. Try to format SD card and re-install firmware again.

Astrobile.com said:
sshazam said:
Just got this camera

Hi,
How exactly do I format the SD card ?

Update

I managed to get everything working today but when I drive i'm finding my videos tend to have moments or either blue or a very orange tinge to them as well as being a bit blurry and not as sharp as the youtube ones.

sshazam said:
Astrobile.com said:
sshazam said:
Just got this camera

Hi,
How exactly do I format the SD card ?

Update

I managed to get everything working today but when I drive i'm finding my videos tend to have moments or either blue or a very orange tinge to them as well as being a bit blurry and not as sharp as the youtube ones.

What is your O/S?
If you use a Windows O/S, connect the SD with computer and "right clik" of mouse SD drive, click the "Format". but it is certain you use a formatting program.

About blurry problem, If you can upload your video at Utube, We will check the video what is matter.

Hi, First post here. I searched the forum and didn't see much about my problem. Can someone please help me - point me to a topic/post that relates to my situation, or have any suggestions.

I just received by LB-100 today and it worked perfectly for about 15 minutes. Now, it pretty much won't boot (both lignts don't come on when I apply power) unless I leave it powered down for 10 or so minutes. I thought maybe i had a low power condition, but my voltage is good and I can power other units off the same connection I have my LB-100 hooked up to. I've tried reformatting the SD card and reloading the firmware. I didn't get a chance to try it with the GPS hooked up, so that should simplify my trouble shooting.

Can someone please offer some help?

EDIT: I think I figured out the problem. The connector on the camera seems the cause. Hope I can fix it...

mac said:
Hi, First post here. I searched the forum and didn't see much about my problem. Can someone please help me - point me to a topic/post that relates to my situation, or have any suggestions.

I just received by LB-100 today and it worked perfectly for about 15 minutes. Now, it pretty much won't boot (both lignts don't come on when I apply power) unless I leave it powered down for 10 or so minutes. I thought maybe i had a low power condition, but my voltage is good and I can power other units off the same connection I have my LB-100 hooked up to. I've tried reformatting the SD card and reloading the firmware. I didn't get a chance to try it with the GPS hooked up, so that should simplify my trouble shooting.

Can someone please offer some help?

EDIT: I think I figured out the problem. The connector on the camera seems the cause. Hope I can fix it...

I think you will be better to check the voltage closely.
enjoy,

richardtetik said:
I think you will be better to check the voltage closely.
enjoy,
Voltage is good as measured by my Fluke 189. The problem is a bad connector on the camera body. I really don't want to open the thing and futz with it...

It's good stuff, I ordered it from astrobile.com and the item came within 3days.
The item is working now very well. It's cheaper price but reasonable item.
I'm highly satisfied. but i have a one question, anyone tell me how to configure the time&date?

I recently purchased Livue lb100 from ebay and now very pleased with it.. lol
had a blackvue dr400 season2 in my car, but it was out of order quite soon after receiving because of heating issue and GPS problem.
It got repaired twice but is now broken down again.
I was considerably looking for a reliable cam with good video quality and fair price not over $300.
It's not a tv or pc monitor, Full HD is not quite necessary,
I found livue lb100 has quite good HD video quality(especially night time) great reliability compare to other full hd cams.
Good things; I am using blackvue's 16gb sd card with livue lb100, more videos can be stored as HD video has less volume than full HD video.
Very reasonable price for fairly good quality cam.

pc viewer sometimes gets slow to rapid commands, needs some updates.
I prefer Android app, can watch the videos.

raymond said:
had a blackvue dr400 season2 in my car, but it was out of order quite soon after receiving because of heating issue and GPS problem.
I was considerably looking for a reliable cam with good video quality and fair price not over $300.
I found livue lb100 has quite good HD video quality(especially night time) great reliability compare to other full hd cams.
Good things; I am using blackvue's 16gb sd card with livue lb100, more videos can be stored as HD video has less volume than full HD video.

there's mere difference between Full HD 1020p and HD 720p. For instance, 1" in hd is shown only 0.3~0.4" bigger in full hd. surely, the hd/full hd functional gap is not satisfactory to overtake the price difference.

when i go to view my videos i see two folders with video in it. Event and Movie
Both have the same recordings but some of the clips in Movie cut out and start again missing 20 seconds of video however the clips in Event folder show them but the file sizes are smaller

is this normal?

richardtetik said:
raymond said:

there's mere difference between Full HD 1020p and HD 720p. For instance, 1" in hd is shown only 0.3~0.4" bigger in full hd. surely, the hd/full hd functional gap is not satisfactory to overtake the price difference.

Is it true? Full HD products easily get heating problem because of CPU overload?

tomee said:
when i go to view my videos i see two folders with video in it. Event and Movie
Both have the same recordings but some of the clips in Movie cut out and start again missing 20 seconds of video however the clips in Event folder show them but the file sizes are smaller

is this normal?

It seems like some videos are recorded in event mode, and recorded in event mode.

You mean the file size is smaller than other event video file? Event video can be smaller than normal video.
If the videos are fully playable, that is normal.

If there's any problem, please contact me cs@astrobile.com

Regards,
Jeremy

I bought one for my wife,
My wife's car is mazda 3 and it's very becoming to the car :cool:

Is there any way someone can contact the manufacturer to provide a firmware update that will fix the 'sensitivity' on this camera?

uthmani said:
Is there any way someone can contact the manufacturer to provide a firmware update that will fix the 'sensitivity' on this camera?

Hi.

We are talking to manufacturer for better sensitivity now.

Hopefully, new firmware will be released in close future.

regards,
Jeremy

Hi.

We are talking to manufacturer for better sensitivity now.

Hopefully, new firmware will be released in close future.

regards,
Jeremy
it would be great to at least provide the option to disable g sensor during normal mode and activate in parking mode.

Back