Hands on the Livue LB100. $100 korean 720p dashcam

I've recently been having some problems with mine. They've been getting more and more frequent.

While driving, it shows that its recording fine (solid red power LED, flashing rec LED) then all of a sudden the rec LED turns solid red and the power LED starts flashing red. The manual says that this means it is booting, but why would it just reboot while driving. It started happening once an hour, but now it happens maybe once every 5 minutes. It is not a power issue - I have not changed cars since I got the camera and it worked without a problem for several months.

What do I do to fix this?

Or try formatting your card in camera on a regular basis

Thanks for the replies. Will try to format tonight.

I've recently been having some problems with mine. They've been getting more and more frequent.

While driving, it shows that its recording fine (solid red power LED, flashing rec LED) then all of a sudden the rec LED turns solid red and the power LED starts flashing red. The manual says that this means it is booting, but why would it just reboot while driving. It started happening once an hour, but now it happens maybe once every 5 minutes. It is not a power issue - I have not changed cars since I got the camera and it worked without a problem for several months.

What do I do to fix this?

This is exactly the problem I am experiencing with one of my LB100's (I have 2 of them, both bought from Astrobile/lightnspace) : in normal recording mode, the dashcam reboots for no obvious reason, at an increasing rate (first every couple of days, now every few hours).
This even happens at night, in motion detection mode.

Moreover, and specifically in motion detection mode, motion is detected (as observed by the changing LEDs), but no feed is actually captured.

I swapped microSD cards, formatted them, exchanged power adapters, reverted back and forth to older/newer firmwares, switched between Livue and Winy firmwares : all to no avail.

As the problem is limited to one of the two LB100's, it is IMO quite obvious this is most probably a hardware issue.

(note : Astrobile/lightnspace kindly offered to send in the defective unit for repair. Unfortunately, an earlier exchange of a defective LB100 for a new unit took several weeks (!), so I am not too sure about the repair option. I simply don't like leaving the car 'unmonitored' for such an extended period of time, and I consider the need to buy another extra spare unit plain silly, when the G1W can be had for $ 52.)

Best,
Didier

time problem solved ??

Had a replacement due to the reboot issue. Now facing some 0mb files recording in Normal folder occasionally. Tried changing setting to HQ instead of Super HQ. Now monitoring the files. Thinking of getting a cheap G1W as backup.

[quote="CrzRsn, post: 30020, member: 1849"gothanks for the replies. Will try to format tonight.[/quote]
It won't help. I faced the same issue and got it replaced but took some weeks to get it

Anyone know how the tv-out feature works? I purchased a 3.5mm 4 pin to rca connector but it wont work. Is there a way to activate the video out?

Anyone know how the tv-out feature works? I purchased a 3.5mm 4 pin to rca connector but it wont work. Is there a way to activate the video out?

Most probably, your 3.5mm layout is 1 audio, 2 video, 3 mass, 4 audio ; to be compatible with the LB-100, the layout should be 1 audio, 2 audio, 3 video, 4 mass.

Hence to view the video signal, you'll need to use one of the audio RCA-connectors, and swap signal/mass.

Let me get this stright. The 3.5mm has 4 pins. Something similar to this image:
zen-vision-m-3.5mm-4-pole-rca-thumb.jpg

Each of the 3 rca connectors have a common ground which is the outer shell of the rca connectors. Then pin 2,3,4 from the 3.5mm connector goes to the center pins on each of the rca connectors. So technically if i try to connect each rca connector to video out on a composite monitor, one of them should work.

Are you saying pin 4(tip of the 3.5mm connector) is the ground instead of pin 1?

Let me get this stright. The 3.5mm has 4 pins. Something similar to this image:
zen-vision-m-3.5mm-4-pole-rca-thumb.jpg

Each of the 3 rca connectors have a common ground which is the outer shell of the rca connectors. Then pin 2,3,4 from the 3.5mm connector goes to the center pins on each of the rca connectors. So technically if i try to connect each rca connector to video out on a composite monitor, one of them should work.

Are you saying pin 4(tip of the 3.5mm connector) is the ground instead of pin 1?

Taking your image as a reference, the LB-100 requires :
1 : video signal
2 : ground (mass)

You'll need the YELLOW connector, and swap signal & ground.

I you do not want to risk damaging the more expensive cable, you could buy a (much cheaper) M/F RCA extension cable, swap signal /ground on that one, and connect it to the yellow RCA.

After verifying the video signal, you can safely cut the WHITE and RED connectors, which eases the final cable routing in the car.

Has anyone else had issues with the mounting brackets? The rubber O ring broke on both of mine and now they rattle and squeak like there's no tomorrow. I have no clue how to fix it and it's annoying. :-(

pictures? I personally havent had any problems but i dont think my windshield mount has an o-ring.. what o-ring are you referring to?

pictures? I personally havent had any problems but i dont think my windshield mount has an o-ring.. what o-ring are you referring to?

I'll try to take pictures of the mount tomorrow. The o-ring sits between the under the ball and, excuse my ineptness, part that screws onto the windshield. Mine immediately stretched over the ball and when I put it back on it broke. *sighs*

You can just go to your local ACE Hardware, Lowe's, Home Depot store and buy an o-ring that fits. ACE Hardware usually sells them in singles whereas Lowe's/Home Depot may sell them in packs. The o-ring compresses when you tighten down the camera mount, thus preventing rattling/movement/wobbling.

I'm at my whits end. I've tried everything to change the date issue and nothing's working. The dir and config file seems to be the issue. What can I do before I start throwing the thing out the window?

Back