Happy with the 0803?

Like the 0803. I updated its firmware. This allowed backing off the overly-aggressive sharpening control. It also revealed that the first one Amazon sent me was troubled by a portion of the image out of focus. The second one was fine and it has been working nearly trouble free ever since. Twice it went mad at car start, letting out a tone. The Reset Button Trick fixed it and in the last few weeks it has been fine. The pictures are stunning, which is really what you're paying for. Techmoan was right. Shoot in 1080p. The camera runs cooler and the down-sampling is virtually perfect.

Like the 0803. I updated its firmware. This allowed backing off the overly-aggressive sharpening control. It also revealed that the first one Amazon sent me was troubled by a portion of the image out of focus. The second one was fine and it has been working nearly trouble free ever since. Twice it went mad at car start, letting out a tone. The Reset Button Trick fixed it and in the last few weeks it has been fine. The pictures are stunning, which is really what you're paying for. Techmoan was right. Shoot in 1080p. The camera runs cooler and the down-sampling is virtually perfect.

If you ever run into the "mad dash cam bug" again, try reflashing the Mini 0803. That usually fixes it.

Kelvin

Back