Hardwire Installation Fuse Amperage

S3BAX

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I want to hardwire my A229 but I need some info. What Amperage fuse should I use for the dashcam (both ACC and Battery)? The fuse tap I ordered comes with a 20A Fuse, can I use that or should I use a lower Amps Fuse?
Also... On the fuse tap. Which spot is for the car fuse and which for the camera?

Thanks!

I want to hardwire my A229 but I need some info. What Amperage fuse should I use for the dashcam (both ACC and Battery)? The fuse tap I ordered comes with a 20A Fuse, can I use that or should I use a lower Amps Fuse?
Also... On the fuse tap. Which spot is for the car fuse and which for the camera?

Thanks!
5A is enough.
The rest of the information is below.

Attachments

• how to install ACC hardwire kit.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
I am using 5 A fuses, and i have at times run 2 systems on that, so upwards of 5 cameras in total.

20A Fuse, can I use that or should I use a lower Amps Fuse?
No, you should not use a 20A fuse, if it is a Viofo hardwire kit then 7.5A maximum.
It is normal to use a 5A fuse, but 2A should be more than sufficient.

The fuse protects the cabling in the event of a short circuit, with a 20A fuse there is the possibility of the hardwire kit cables melting and dropping burning plastic onto your flammable car carpet. Regulations for car manufacturing do not require self extinguishing materials like for house furniture and carpets, so they are normally flammable and a fire turns your car into a pile of scrap.

Thank you all!
Also .. Should I power the camera through the mount USB port or directly into the camera USB port?

That do not matter these days, i use the plug in the mount, but if you plug into the camera the GPS in the mount will still get power and work just fine.

Well I managed to install it. Seems to work fine for now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K A229 / A229 Duo 21