Hardwire Kit Options

pmthang90

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi there,

I am new member in this forum and would like to purchase the A129 dash cam and do hardwiring on it. As far as I know, I need a hardwire kit to connect and the specific hardwire kit for A129 will be released soon ( Aug probably).
However , i would like to know is this worth to buy a Power Magic Pro or Multi Safer rather than kit from Viofo.
Pro and cos of it. ( I may need to move states and not able to install dash cam in new location)

Off the top of my head.

Pros:
Available now

Cons:
Probably more expensive
Power Magic Pro isn't very versatile with cutoff voltage, though remains to be seen what the options will be.
Will not switch to parking mode automatically when car is switched off (with ACC)

I bought a VicoVation Vico-Power PLUS Battery Discharge Prevention (BDP) Device for Parking Mode from Amazon. It has a higher 12.4v cutoff setting.

what does everybody think about the Cellink Neo... or the Blackvue B124... for parking mode for the A129...

Last edited:
Can Vico Power Plus switch to parking mode automatically like the features of coming Viofo kit ?

Does the VIOFO kit work with other dash cams ? ex : Blackvue PMP can work with all dash cams. not only Blackvue dash cam.

Is there anywhere where we can request features?

With the thinkware hardwire kit you can manually turn the camera off with the power button but when you restart the car the camera switches back on automatically.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

With the thinkware hardwire kit you can manually turn the camera off with the power button but when you restart the car the camera switches back on automatically.

it should do that already

it should do that already
I run mine through a cell link neo so with the current cable it doesn't restart automatically. I have to manually turn mine back on before driving.

I'm hoping the 3 wire hardwire kit will send a signal through to the unit to automatically restart when the ignition is switched back on. Is that even possible?

Does the Viofo hardwire kit have a release date date yet?

I'm still holding off my A129 purchase due to the hardwire kit, wanted to get them as a set.

Reactions: M83
the 3 wire kit should do what you want, I know ours works like that and theirs is following the same sort of protocol that we use

Is there going to be a difference between the Viofo hardwire kit and yours (SGDCHW)?

Is there a big difference in cables? I hough most of the work would be done in the camera itself? Or is it because the voltage cut off is integrated into the cable?

Say you were using it with a cell link neo the voltage cut off would be obsolete and you would only be relying on the camera sensing the cable going into acc mode or battery mode. Or have I over simplified it?

if you use the Cellink you still need the hardwire cable regardless, the cables will be similar in functionality to ours I'm sure, I haven't seen their finished product though

Yeah I figured you would still need the cable but I was just curious if I bought one of yours would it possibly work or is there someone in the cable that ties it exclusively to your cameras

This is all hypothetical

Yeah I figured you would still need the cable but I was just curious if I bought one of yours would it possibly work or is there someone in the cable that ties it exclusively to your cameras

This is all hypothetical

it would probably work, you may need a newer firmware, not sure where they're at with that

Back