Hardwire Kit Options

over the past few months no matter when you ask viofo when they are coming out with the A129 CPL Filters they say 3 to 4 weeks, they just keep saying it, they will be saying it till its 2019 when the A130 dual comes out lol. obviously, they don't want to embarrass themselves to tell us the truth of why its taking so long, they know they just like to hide it for unknown reasons, they already made a batch of them to sell to new customers in a bundle deal, so we know they can make them, they just don't really care, its obvious
The batch that were sold in a bundle were manually enlarged so the vignetting wouldn't occur. Obviously they can't do that for all of them, so a new mold needed to be made.

The batch that were sold in a bundle were manually enlarged so the vignetting wouldn't occur. Obviously they can't do that for all of them, so a new mold needed to be made.

there was a modification but it proved on some lenses to still be a problem so they were paired one by one with filter and lens to make sure they were ok for the camera they would ship with, selling those same CPL's at random could still be an issue as there would be no way to check it with the customers lens, the updated tooling uses a 2.5mm larger diameter glass and will be able to be sold separately

there was a modification but it proved on some lenses to still be a problem so they were paired one by one with filter and lens to make sure they were ok for the camera they would ship with, selling those same CPL's at random could still be an issue as there would be no way to check it with the customers lens, the updated tooling uses a 2.5mm larger diameter glass and will be able to be sold separately
when the A118, A119 came out how long after the initial release was the CPL available for those cameras? didn't they already go through the learning curve of making a CPL for a similar camera? it should of been released along with the camera as well as the BlueTooth button and Hard wire/3-wire kit, especially since they market it on the website but being unavailable is not very professional. its not like its a night and day difference that the CPL should be much of a difference besides the size... didn't the engineers know the size was different and it would of needed another mold? engineers are supposed to know this stuff when they design shouldn't they?

when the A118, A119 came out how long after the initial release was the CPL available for those cameras? didn't they already go through the learning curve of making a CPL for a similar camera? it should of been released along with the camera as well as the BlueTooth button and Hard wire/3-wire kit, especially since they market it on the website but being unavailable is not very professional. its not like its a night and day difference that the CPL should be much of a difference besides the size... didn't the engineers know the size was different and it would of needed another mold? engineers are supposed to know this stuff when they design shouldn't they?

they use our CPL filter, a slightly different lens with a different field of view was the problem, depending on the adjustments some lenses will show a problem, others won't, retooling just takes time unfortunately

they use our CPL filter, a slightly different lens with a different field of view was the problem, depending on the adjustments some lenses will show a problem, others won't, retooling just takes time unfortunately
thanks for the additional information. Viofo should not call the CPL a "PRE-ORDER" and just collect an email address to alert a customer when the item is available, who knows when. Its not a PRE-ORDER... a Pre-Order is when you order it by credit card and have a official order so you are "in line" to know your Order is in line in chronological order of order receipt ... thats a pre-order you commit to order then they ship and billl when its available to the customers that bought the "pre-order' first in order of who ordered it first then when it becomes available the people that ordered it in July get the first batch and then the august people then September etc. . Collecting a persons email address and making like its a "pre-order is FAKE NEWS. lol. Pre-Sale is funny. why didn't they just add a button for then next model thats coming out in year 2022 and put a button for Pre-sale of the 2022 model. what does this presale thing on their website supposed to mean? that its in pre-slae lol. yeah the year 2020 and 2021 automobiles are in "pre-sale". lets give Honda and BMW your email address so they can tell you when the pre-sale of the 2021 model car is coming out good job. lol its genius

Last edited:
do not get me wrong the A129 camera is great, I love it I get great picture quality back and front at night on cloudy days and during the mid-day when the sun is high in sky, however, during sunset and sunrise times I am getting a little bit of sun glare on front camera, thats the only reason I would really like to get the CPL Filter. otherwise the camera is great and I like it much better then the Blackvue DR750s-2ch that I had before it got stolen. The A129 is great compared to the blackvue just wish it had the CPL

Back