Hardwire Kit Options

There is a video on YouTube by a guy named TVPizdys who does some amazing comparison videos.

He posted a sample of the A129 new parking mode.. The low bit rate parking mode compared to other competitors low bit rate parking mode was great.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Now if we can just get the darn thing..

Can someone explain to me what is lacking in functionality due to the lack of the hardwire kit? Is it a delay in getting the recording started or that it won't start at all?

It would seem to me that if you wire to a always hot fuse that it should work. Is it because the camera powers down due to lack of motion after 90 seconds and does not power back up when it should?

What does the hardwire kit provide that the current wiring kit does not while it is wired to a hot fuse?

Can someone explain to me what is lacking in functionality due to the lack of the hardwire kit? Is it a delay in getting the recording started or that it won't start at all?

It would seem to me that if you wire to a always hot fuse that it should work. Is it because the camera powers down due to lack of motion after 90 seconds and does not power back up when it should?

What does the hardwire kit provide that the current wiring kit does not while it is wired to a hot fuse?
The current setup enters parking mode on lack of movement, the new setup will enter parking mode when the key is removed.

The new system should be a little more reliable, and if something hits the car while parked, it wont leave parking mode and risk missing some of the event in the process.

Just got an email back from VIOFO support. I asked them when the wiring harness will be released.

The answer is: A129 Hardwire Kit will be released within 3 weeks.

So by around the 5th of September is my guess.

The current setup enters parking mode on lack of movement, the new setup will enter parking mode when the key is removed.

The new system should be a little more reliable, and if something hits the car while parked, it wont leave parking mode and risk missing some of the event in the process.
In my testing it's been rock solid and hasn't failed once.

In my testing it's been rock solid and hasn't failed once.

Does the hardwire kit require splicing or tapping into the existing cable or is it a single purpose-built cable with fuse tap on one end?

quick edit: nvm I found pictures of the kit in another post. The yellow cable end is exposed. Where does the yellow ACC cable go to?

Does the hardwire kit require splicing or tapping into the existing cable or is it a single purpose-built cable with fuse tap on one end?

quick edit: nvm I found pictures of the kit in another post. The yellow cable end is exposed. Where does the yellow ACC cable go to?

The power cable goes to a point in your fusebox that is always on. The ACC goes to a point in the fuse box that only has power when your ignition is on..

Youll need to buy a separate fuse tap for the yellow wire if you want to install it into your fuse box.

I'm running my via a cell link neo so I just soldered it to the neo wire.

The power cable goes to a point in your fusebox that is always on. The ACC goes to a point in the fuse box that only has power when your ignition is on..
Youll need to buy a separate fuse tap for the yellow wire if you want to install it into your fuse box.

If I don't plan on using parking mode (for now), do I need to hook up yellow cable at all?

If I don't plan on using parking mode (for now), do I need to hook up yellow cable at all?
If your hardwiring already, might as well do it right and connect all cables.. Other then that you'll have to try and see what works..

If your hardwiring already, might as well do it right and connect all cables.. Other then that you'll have to try and see what works..
Not hardwired atm. Im just trying to figure out what's included and what additional pieces I need so I can buy it all in one go. Fuse tap, fuses, etc

If you "solder it to the Neo wire", does that give you parking mode when parked?

If you "solder it to the Neo wire", does that give you parking mode when parked?
Yeah it does.

Only quirk I found was the neo yellow actually goes to the viofo red and vice versa.

For some reason viofo doesn't use the colour standard for parking mode or it could be the neo.

If the yellow cable is for constant power, I think they have it right. Red - ACC, Yellow - Battery/Constant, Black - Ground. The Vico-Power Plus is also wired so.

Is there actually an industry standard?

Actually just checked the other thread and the constant power is red on the viofo so it is back to front compared to the PMP, Vico, multi safer and cell link

This is a trial cable. So maybe the end product will be around the other way

e38bbbcc5cb01888d858c1ba6891fb0b.jpg

Last edited:
Just got an email back from VIOFO support. I asked them when the wiring harness will be released.

The answer is: A129 Hardwire Kit will be released within 3 weeks.

So by around the 5th of September is my guess.

They told me 3 weeks on the 1st of August so I wouldnt hold your breath...

Actually just checked the other thread and the constant power is red on the viofo so it is back to front compared to the PMP, Vico, multi safer and cell link

This is a trial cable. So maybe the end product will be around the other way

Viofo actually uses standard DC color coding. Sometimes though car manufacturers use yellow for constant and red for switched power.

They told me 3 weeks on the 1st of August so I wouldnt hold your breath...
over the past few months no matter when you ask viofo when they are coming out with the A129 CPL Filters they say 3 to 4 weeks, they just keep saying it, they will be saying it till its 2019 when the A130 dual comes out lol. obviously, they don't want to embarrass themselves to tell us the truth of why its taking so long, they know why; they just like to hide it for unknown reasons, they get pleasure out saying "3 more weeks". "three more week" over and over to everyone; they already made a batch of them to sell to new customers in a bundle deal, so we know they can make them, they just don't really care, its obvious

Back