Hardwire with external battery

chili

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So I am going to fit an external battery for my dashcam, I know the dashcam hardwire needs to be spliced into the battery hardwire. My question is what if your dashcam hardwire has a voltage toggle inline like viofo, do I just leave that if so what setting does it go on.
Thanks

You must leave in place the unit that converts the 12V vehicle power to the 5V dash camera power. I set the low voltage cutoff to the minimum value of 11.8V. VIOFO has a prototype version of one of their hardwire kits that allows you to disable the low voltage cutoff. You don't need the low voltage cutoff protection if the hardwire kit obtains its power from a dash camera battery pack. I believe VIOFO will be sending out one or more of the prototype hardwire kits for testers to check out. The presence of the low voltage cutoff feature reduces the amount of time your dash camera battery pack can power your dash camera, since most dash camera battery packs will go down to 11.0 volts when they reach there fully depleted charge level. Having the option to disable the low voltage cutoff feature should be a good thing for users with a dash camera battery pack.

Back