Hardwired dash cam does not always turn on with car?

yugisenpai

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello,

I have installed the azdome m550 3 channel dash camera in 4 vehicles with the azdome 3 lead acc hardwire kit and have noticed a really strange behavior in all of them. Sometimes when turning the cars on, the camera does not start with the car and requires to be manually turned on with the power button. I know the cameras are wired correctly to the correct fuse box as I tested fuses (they are wired to acc and batt fuse) with a voltage tester before connecting and that the cameras do work when turning the cars on most of the time. Only sometimes the dash camera does not turn on with the cars.

Does anyone know what the issue could be? I have contacted the manufacturer and they recommended replacing the hardwire kit but I don't understand how all 4 cars can have faulty hardwire kits.

Wiring to ACC could be the issue

Quite often starting the car (starter motor) drains all power from some ACC fuses so the dashcam shuts down

Try and find a fuse that only has power in IGN position 2, they often retain power during starter motor cranking

Back