Hardwiring installation or just hide the wires at bestbuy?

Thanks . How do the dashcams record? They record endlessly until I turn the car off? I mean after I take it back home and view the video files, what will the duration of the recorded video be?

it will keep recording until the card is full, when it's full it will delete the oldest file to make room for the newest one so you'll constantly have the latest X amount of hours on the card at any given time

it will keep recording until the card is full, when it's full it will delete the oldest file to make room for the newest one so you'll constantly have the latest X amount of hours on the card at any given time
few questions I have:
Every video I view after I am done driving will be just 3 mins ? So if I drive for 2 hours straight and after 30 mins I get in to an accident with another car , the video I watch will be long or just in 3 mins? Another question I have is, when getting in to an accident and I get out of the car , the other driver and I talk outside of the car, will the dashcam still be able to record the conservations clearly? The audio recording is limited to inside of the car? Also if during the crash , it is other driver's fault and cop comes at the scene, can I tell th cop I am not at fault of this wreck and can I show him the video right from the dashcam to clear myself?

It records many many 3 minutes videos one right after another (no gap in between)

When you play back via http://dashcamviewer.com it will pieces them all together for playback.

If you keep the windows rolled down most dashcam products can record clear audio even outside yes.

I can have the audio turned on all time and let it record anything outside of the car right? Like Conversation with the other driver during an accident ? Also Can a cop tell me to turn off my dashcam or mute the audio when I am pulled over? Have to comply? I am in Illinois, it says it is a two party state when it comes to audio recording . Someone in some other blog says you should have a tiny sticker that says " audio is recorded" and then not worry about having to turn off /mute the audio during conversation with other driver during a crash or when a cop pulls you over. You guys use such sticker in your car?Thanks

Last edited:
US laws on audio recording vary so much that you have to check in every jurisdiction you're going to be in to know for certain what is legal and what isn't. Sometimes the sticker is enough, sometimes the law requires signage be a certain size or larger or that it be in a specified location. And sometimes like where I live, stores and buildings open to the public can use signs at the public entrances, but everyone else has to make verbal notification of recording directly to any person in range of the mic, then must stop recording on request from any of those persons and erase anything recorded of that person before their denial was given. Also here you can record anyone or anything for personal recollection purposes without notification, but allowing anyone other than yourself to hear the recordings is a felony. Some places even require consent in writing before you can record audio of others :eek:

My advice regards dashcam audio in the US is to turn it off on all cams to protect the video portion from potentially being disqualified as evidence, then discretely use a separate digital recorder whenever you think you want to record audio. Those gadgets are tiny and cheap these days :cool: Tell nobody about the audio recordings except your attorney who can then advise you what to do so that you don't get into unwanted trouble ;) Now you can see why I want a Federal case made and heard on the matter, which logically should remand that control to the Federal government only where it would then hopefully be treated like video recordings are now. It can't get much worse than it already is :mad:

Phil

I always have my child in car seat when i drive so I don't drive aggressively! It could be G sensor but why?. First started while I was in my car in my parking lot. Had the car on while turning up my AC and while still in the lot, I heared " beep" then after a min, " beep" then i drove and was on high way for 40 mins and beeped once again. I didn't hear this for the last 9 days. I have this hard wired 10 days ago at bestbuy.

Back