Hardwiring to battery

evmedievalol

Reaction score
Country
United States
hello its my first post.
I recetly puchased my first dashcam ever.
Its blackbox b40-c capacitor.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00TXR2P40?

And this hardwiring kit.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00MH4ZVHO/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AFMTE2QJIKY8C

If anyone could check if this kit has good power cut off range for my car then ill be appreciated.

I have a 12 bmw 328i. From what i read, i have to hardwire it directly to battery positive post. I need it to be working over night.

So my question is, do i simply peel off the red wire skin and wrap it around the positive post?
Do i need some sort of inline fuse?

Someone talked about proper gauge for power accessory.. Would this be the case for this kit and my car?

I could not get a solid answer for hours of searching..

yes you need to use a fuse, suggest adding a switch so you can power off when you don't need it though, that power supply has a low battery cutoff which will cut power before it destroys your battery but it may still be too low to be able to start the car reliably, particularly in winter

I'd recommend something like a Power Magic Pro instead. Allows you to select when to cut off power or set up a timer.

That is, unless you hardwire it to ACC, at which point it'll turn off at the same time your 12v outlet does (20 minutes after locking the car I think)

I'd recommend something like a Power Magic Pro instead. Allows you to select when to cut off power or set up a timer.

That is, unless you hardwire it to ACC, at which point it'll turn off at the same time your 12v outlet does (20 minutes after locking the car I think)
I would love to get magic pro but i think its only for certain black box. It wouldnt work with my cam.

yes you need to use a fuse, suggest adding a switch so you can power off when you don't need it though, that power supply has a low battery cutoff which will cut power before it destroys your battery but it may still be too low to be able to start the car reliably, particularly in winter
I think the power cuts off at 11.6v.
This would be little on low side huh..

Works with every cam. It gives out a 12v output such as the cigarette outlet in your car and you just plug in the provided plug that came with the cam.

You want it to cut off at 12v btw.

Works with every cam. It gives out a 12v output such as the cigarette outlet in your car and you just plug in the provided plug that came with the cam.

You want it to cut off at 12v btw.
ok i'm going to return the kit and order the Magic Pro Kit.
After watching and reading how to install this kit, this is what i summarized.
Install cig plug from Cam to Magic pro cig female plug -> connect the Yellow wire to Battery directly -> Keep the Red wire from Magic pro disconnected since i want it to run 24/7
-> Connect the Black wire to Ground.

Did i get this right?

Do try to hardwire to fuse though. It's safer (both for you when installing and the cam) and easier to route the cables as the fusebox is in the interior.

Do try to hardwire to fuse though. It's safer (both for you when installing and the cam) and easier to route the cables as the fusebox is in the interior.
But for BMW, All power cuts off after some minutes after parking. So if i want it to be like surveillance camera than it has to be connected to battery :(

or i think headlight fuse is always on. i 'm watching a video on it now

There should be a fuse with power such as the horn fuse, or the interior lights fuse.

There should be a fuse with power such as the horn fuse, or the interior lights fuse.
This video shows headlight is the one that doesn't turn off. I'll try to follow exactly what he did.
(Although my Fuse box is not located in the same place. i don't think)

I read on youtube comment that Magic Pro Doesn't bypass auto start-stop..Only Multi safer can bypass it.
So..im trying to cancel Magic Pro order and place a new order for Multi safer... :(

Last edited:
Back