Hardwiring....which 'Add a fuse' kit?

First check the heated seat circuits is constant. I found mine comes on at ACC/IGN.

5A on the fuse tap is fine, the thinkware hardwire kit has 2A fuses inline anyway.

I have never had a "heated seat vehicle but would be surprised that "it" would be on a constant on circuit. As to the size of the additional fuse.. 5A is lots..

This is what I pulled from the fuse box this morning. This is fuse # 29 (Fog light). They are all the same size. Are these mini fuses? That's the tip of my index finger for a reference. I also snapped a pic of the fuse box grid. Can someone chime in and recommend which fuse I should use? I would like to use parking mode when the car is off.

The fuse in the picture you pulled out is a "Mini ATM fuse", that is what you want to get.
IMG_20160827_112952120.jp

You notice how the fuse slants in on both legs towards the tip.
The size of the fuse designates the type, in your case "Mini", the leg tip configuration depicts the style, yours is a "ATM". Therefore the fuse is a Mini ATM.

Last edited:
Sweet, just wanted to double check. I was using subispeed's video install of the blackvue DR650 as a reference. They had the constant to the heated seat. Of course I will double check to make sure I find one with constant power. I really appreciate it, thank you

Last edited:
Just to be a nuisance but the photo of how the addafuse is installed may be incorrect. Usually the top leg of a fuse is the hot side exspecially if that is a VW as it looks like my Passat fusebox.

This is the correct way to install one If you put it in backwards the camera power will run through both fuses to get to the wire
addafuse correct.jpg

The simple way to check if you have your "add a fuse" installed correctly is if it works... without.. the original fuse installed. If you have power at the extra connection with just the extra inserted then you have done it right. If.. it only works when you have both fuses in you have it in backwards..

Back