Has anyone had their dashcam stolen?

xreyuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DoD F520, Mobius ActionCam.
I'm always paranoid about somebody noticing my camera in the windscreen and breaking in to steal it. The way I have to have the camera means it's fairly visible from outside the car. My wipers wipe from the sides inwards, meaning I have a big patch of dirty windscreen in the middle. This means I have to sit the dashcam quite low in the windscreen.

Has anyone ever had their car broken into and their dashcam stolen?

I have only ever seen maybe one or two Russian videos where the DashCam was almost stolen. I don't really hear about it much. My DashCam is in my everyday car all the time and no one has bothered it. If you record all night I would use dark tape over any LEDs.

I also leave the camera in my Camaro/Brother's Firebird ( Both cars have a Glass Roof as well as windows) and no one has bothered it. The only time I take it out of the Camaro is if the roof is off while it is parked anywhere other then a car show.

Considering how you need to mount it have a look in the möbius section how Bob Diaz has his mounted, he puts a hat over it while parked, need some left field thinking sometimes

... and it's in a Smart Car too. Most thieves are thinking it's a Smart Car, this guy can't have anything good in it. :p

I've seen a video where a guy breaks into a car and steals a camera and then drops it.

I suppose this depends mostly on environmental factors as well, and a range of variables.
If you park within view of a busy shopping centre , chances are crooks won't break in and steal your dashcam, valuables etc.
Oppose to parking late at night, outside in the street in a low-lit area then consider the possibility higher than usual :)

Yet again..... you can remove this all together for your own peace of mind.

think he was being pursued by the owner at the time if it's the same one I'm thinking of, @Mtz posted a link to it previously
This was one of the videos I had seen as well and i think you are correct. He steals a purse or something in front of a car with a DashCam and then breaks in tries to steal the DashCam is chased by the owner and drops it.

Back