Has anyone tried the Type S S403 dash cam (4k60FPS)?

Witch

Reaction score
Country
United States
I did a quick search but didn't find anything on this forum relating to the brand or the dash cam specifically. Reddit has 1 post about the brand but not about this specific dash cam.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0BDLDZ1R9
The Type S website shows 22.86 lbs as the dash cam weight. Not sure where they are pulling that value from (or if they made an error in the conversion from grams) but it's clear they don't want to give any spec's that would help identify if this is a Chinese knockoff. The Amazon "Vine" reviews only screams no one wants to bother with a no-name branded dash cam for $300 USD too. It's been available for purchase on Amazon since August 19, 2022 so that's not all too comforting regardless of Amazon's horrible paid/fake review reputation.

I was looking for 4k 60 FPS dash cams and saw this dash cam as a search result.

I did a quick search but didn't find anything on this forum relating to the brand or the dash cam specifically. Reddit has 1 post about the brand but not about this specific dash cam.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0BDLDZ1R9
The Type S website shows 22.86 lbs as the dash cam weight. Not sure where they are pulling that value from (or if they made an error in the conversion from grams) but it's clear they don't want to give any spec's that would help identify if this is a Chinese knockoff. The Amazon "Vine" reviews only screams no one wants to bother with a no-name branded dash cam for $300 USD too. It's been available for purchase on Amazon since August 19, 2022 so that's not all too comforting regardless of Amazon's horrible paid/fake review reputation.

I was looking for 4k 60 FPS dash cams and saw this dash cam as a search result.
I don't believe anyone here has had any experience with this dashcam, as it absolutely looks like a fake 4k device. Number of typos hence the weight stated of 22lbs, also "3M WHB" tape doesn't exist, it's 3M VHB. And no one is doing 4k @ 60fps video on dash cams! Interpolated 4k so obviously a sensor that isn't capable of 4k, but the video just blown up to be "4k"

Yep
support on these probably slim to none, outside of send it back to Amazon and get a new one.

Mentioning a camera can do 4K interpolated is like selling a car with emphasis on " the speedo go to 200 MPH "

Yep
support on these probably slim to none, outside of send it back to Amazon and get a new one.

Mentioning a camera can do 4K interpolated is like selling a car with emphasis on " the speedo go to 200 MPH "
The speedo can go to 200mph, can we at least dream that it can get to that speed? :p

I dont even think we should go there in our dreams.
No road here with that fast of a speed limit, and even if there was, one should ask one self " am i really in that much of a hurry i need to drive these speeds "

The motorway speed limit here is 130 kmh but most times i go along doing 110 - 120 kmh, but other slower places i am on the limit just fine

Also here in this primitive little country, we dont even have track days or almost any places that could be called a place for motorsports, and for sure no place that would be able to host a F1 race CUZ the tracks here are pretty much glorified gocart tracks.
So kids here into cars ASO, well forced to break the law

How the hell we have a guy driving F1 is a mystery, he sure as well have not paid his way there, no Dane ever had, if you are into stuff like that you better get the hell out of here and find some real competition.
There is another Dane from F2 wanting to get into F1, but i have no idea if he will make it, seem to be a ok driver, but that is not all it take.

The speedo can go to 200mph, can we at least dream that it can get to that speed? :p
I would like to BUY this Speedo.
Then I can beat some of Michael Phelps' records.
$ PROFIT. $

IIRC I saw them at SEMA last year. Maybe the year before? Doing a little digging on their website and the user manual, all I could find is that it uses an 8MP sensor. No make or model. I tried chatting with them on their website and the product expert couldn't/wouldn't disclose which sensor they use which is odd.

I also didn't see any mention of a 4K30 option with HDR. The website lists WDR, but no HDR.

all I could find is that it uses an 8MP sensor.
Must be at least 12MP at 16:9, which is an unusual resolution, otherwise they would be interpolating the photos:
Max Photo Resolution:12M (4608*2592)

More surprising, they are using a UK mains fuse for it, or do some electric vehicles run on 250V these days?

Fuse Rating: 250V 2A

Looks like Newegg has it too, but it costs about $230 MORE there for some reason...

Back