HDD/SSD + GPS Dash cam

Interesting Dashcam application, I have a few ideas for you.
If you want excellent resolution with widest possible field of view at very low cost suggest Viofo A119 2560x1440 (2K) Resolution 160 FOV Camera.
I can modify the normal 1440P@30fps down to 1-5-10-15-20-25 Mb/s Bitrate to create smaller MP4 video files. Reducing the frame rate is also possible 5-10-15-20-25fps depending on desired effect/quality.
good luck with your project.

That is pretty nice. Thank you.

@jokiin I see you mention SDK but I cannot find an SDK available? Could it be that you refer to firmware as SDK?

Oh I see on his website, BCHobbyist actually developed some mods for the A119 cam. Was that through reverse engineering then?
For my project it would be amazing if I could write custom firmware.

He uses a hex editor, he has some videos that explain how he does it, quite a lot of work to do it this way too

@S3pid are you happy extracting frames from a video file, or do you need individual image files recorded at 15fps?

I don't mind extracting. Pretty easy on Linux with ffmpeg application.

@Dashmellow I would get that but there would be no guarantee that it would work.

I don't mind extracting. Pretty easy on Linux with ffmpeg application.

@Dashmellow I would get that but there would be no guarantee that it would work.

These cards were just released to the public and are being featured in today's news, so most people don't know what to expect from them, especially in dash cams. I just posted about these 1TB cards because they seemed like they were related to the discussion and might be of interest to the thread. 1TB storage on a microSD card blows my mind!

Yeah, $450 USD would be a lot to spend just to find out if one of these would suit your needs or even function in any currently available dash or action camera.

Back