Heheheheheheh oh dear hehehehehehehe too funny not to share

Lol. I know I will be rear ended once again in my life due to distracted drivers and tailgaters. I just hope its a motor cycle and NOT a full sized SUV

He looked to his side 4 seconds before the crash and then it appears he accelerated. Also he is driving 2 seconds back at the time of looking to the side .

I rode bikes from 81 to around 2000 ...
Never crashed or dropped a bike in 20 years on the road ..
My last pig was a CB900 Boldor ..
And it was a pig ...
And just like in this video it used to dive under heavy breaking lifting the rear wheel of the ground ...
Traffic was getting to be too much for me and bikes ( Dangerous ) ..
To many tin topers trying to kill me ...

Last straw was in Springvale shopping center ..
I did a right into Springvale road , was in the left lane when a car cut me off from the right lane ( Dual carriage way ) and came to a full stop right in front of me .. ( Hunting for a parking spot )
Of course I leaned on the breaks ..
Lifting the rear wheel several feet into the air .. ( I thought the bike was going to flip )
I stopped all of about 3 centimeters short of the person trying to kill me ...

There were about 15 people on the side walk who saw the entire thing ...
Back then there were not to many people doing bike stunts like that in the middle of a shopping center ..
So while it was some what stressful for me , the folks on the side walk were well entertained ...
If not for the witnesses , I may have been seriously tempted to let my temper get the better of me ..

I rode for over 35 years but never rear-ended anyone. Had a couple accidents when I was 19, 20 but both were cagers hitting me. Luckily I walked away from both but bikes were totalled and both were Honda CB900F's like your Bol'Dor.
I then got the 83 CB1100F (hence my nickname) and up until recently had acquired 6 of them. Sold a few and now down to 3 because my riding days are over (health reasons). I sure do miss it though. Riding though all the mountain roads in Tennessee and North Carolina every year were my favorite rides.

hehe he sure stabbed that brake :D

At least he was not the kind of biker with the iphone docked on the handlebar.

At least he didn't need a pickup truck!

It is funny but I feel sorry for him, he wasn't being a jerk or anything, just not being too sharp.

I think half the problem these days is that beginner bikes are dressed up to look like real bikes, and that makes the owners think they are real riders. Each day I lose count of the times I roll my eyes after seeing learners putting themselves in danger just so they can make a bit more progress.

Then again, when I started, learners could ride some pretty fierce bikes like the Yamaha RD250LC without any training and that lead to plenty of crashes too.

Sent from my tap-to-talk using Tapatalk

Yeah its that split second where you are not totally on the ball, i have had a few close calls on that account myself.

I rode for over 35 years but never rear-ended anyone. Had a couple accidents when I was 19, 20 but both were cagers hitting me. Luckily I walked away from both but bikes were totalled and both were Honda CB900F's like your Bol'Dor.
I then got the 83 CB1100F (hence my nickname) and up until recently had acquired 6 of them. Sold a few and now down to 3 because my riding days are over (health reasons). I sure do miss it though. Riding though all the mountain roads in Tennessee and North Carolina every year were my favorite rides.

yeah .... Was very tempted by the CB1100 , as well the Suzuki 1200 , and the Yamaha XJR1300
The XJR for some reason used to call to me in my sleep !

I hope the poor slob wasn't badly hurt but I feel no compassion for him. Riding is a totally different game than driving and if you are going to ride then you must understand that. If you don't believe me you'll soon enough find out as this slob did :eek: On a bike you have no time to do anything else other than ride safely. It takes your full concentration at all times as one tiny error can kill or maim you easily. On a bike there is no room for error. None. Zero. Nada. Being human means we're all going to make errors, but on a bike you learn how to recognize them and keep them to a minimum It is the best way there is to learn vehicle operating skills on the road in traffic and my time riding has made me a much better driver. I am blessed :) This slob's momentary lapse of concentration caught him out; he's lucky that it didn't end worse.

I consider myself lucky to have survived my learning experiences with no appreciable harm to me although the bike suffered some :( There is no joy I've discovered quite like riding a motorcycle and were it not for my aging too fast and today's traffic I'd love to do it again :D Maybe someday when time and money allows it I'll rebuild my worn out beast and feel the wind in my face again, happy to not have anything in between me and the world around me as I pass through it on a machine I can proudly say I know completely and intimately in every last detail :cool:

Phil

Back