Hello and thank you.

JGZ1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wanted to say hi and thank you to everyone that contributes here.

I have had a cheap generic FHD 1080 dash cam for a few years which has worked well, but has just started to malfunction. I was aware of the Viofo A119 and its quality at the time I bought the FHD 1080, but I opted for cheap as I only wanted a dash cam as a witness in case of an accident, so to speak.

Fortunately, I have never needed to rely on the dash cam but his time I thought I would get something better, given that the cheap camera wasn't very good at capturing licence plates, especially at night. I'm not really concerned about parking modes, GPS or rear/interior cameras. Just a good front facing dash cam that performs OK at night.

Thanks to all the information here I decided on a Viofo A119 Mini 2 + CPL. It has more features than I want, but it seems the video quality at night is as good as it gets at the price point.

I look forward to trying it out and may get another one for my wife's car, to replace another cheap cam in her car. Or I might get sucked in and get a full A229 3CH set up with external battery and move the A119 Mini 2 to her car. We shall see.

Back