Hello from the Netherlands

Siewert308SW

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR550GW-2CH 32gb
Hello from the Low Countries:
Thought i would say hello with my first post.
My parents called me Siewert (Si-we-rt).
34 years young at the moment of this writing, married and father of a 10 year old daughter.
My main free time hobby is Android rom development,you can find me under the alias V6-Maniac on XDA forums.
I live in the North of the Netherlands in a small village with approx 1400 living souls.
Endless flat clay grounds and most important quite and peaceful.

New car and new Dashcam:
Recently bought u a young second hand car (Peugeot 308 SW 1.6 HDI - 139hp '10)
As our old Peugeot 307 SW was wrecked in a storm where a tree decided to use our car as pillow.

front_resize.jpg

int1_resize.jpg

int2_resize.jpg

int3_resize.jpg

back_resize.jpg

How i ended up on DashcamTalk?
Well after getting infected with the Dashcam Virus after seeing a lot of Russian vids and thinking this features would help us when needed.
But also to create some nice vids on holidays or special events.
But after the installation and some difficulties in setting it up i ended up here via Google to find my answers.

My Dashcam:
Around X-mas '13 i bought a Mio Mivue 388.
But after a couple of days i wasn't satisfied about the fact that a large device was blocking my view.
But also the fact that thieves would think it was a navi device and deciding to break in our car.

There for after searching for a couple of weeks to get a cheap/small dashcam to hide away in my car.
without any need to detach it after every road trip and to forget about the device until we need the footage.
I obviously ended up at Blackvue on every search i did.
So this weekend i bought the Blackvue dr550 2ch 32gb camera although i read about the pixelation and macroblocking.
So yesterday (11-01-2014) i hardwired the camera in combination with Power Magic Pro
As i hate to see wires i took out half the interior to hide all wires.
And to connect to Power Magic Pro to the ISO cable tree behind the radio.

blackvue-install1.jpg

blackvue-install2.jpg

blackvue-install3.jpg

blackvue-install4.jpg

blackvue-install5.jpg

blackvue-install6.jpg

Although i like the Blackvue dr550 2ch.
I don't like the macroblocking and pixelation on this device which cost i fortune.
My old Mio MiVue 388 did a better job.
Currently runing the 1.019E firmware but i do hope that there will be custom firmware soon to improve this issue.
As license plates are hard to read or even unreadable.
Also the fact of the uncompatible Blackvue Android app for Android 4.4 (kitkat) is one of the disapointing things.
So i hope to see this solved soon.

Well i think that would be it for now.
See you around on the community...

Last edited:
Welcome Siewert
Nice car, I too got a dash cam for obvious reasons and also to record some video of places and vacations. I remember mounting my Kodak Zi8 in the back, facing forward to capture footage while driving. Now with dedicated, small dash cams, it's much easier.

Welcome Siewert
Nice car, I too got a dash cam for obvious reasons and also to record some video of places and vacations. I remember mounting my Kodak Zi8 in the back, facing forward to capture footage while driving. Now with dedicated, small dash cams, it's much easier.

Thx...
There for i don't sell my Mio Mivue 388.
For the same reason to beable to record from the back to front on holiday trips.
So i would be able to compile a nice movie from different angles ;-)

Nice introduction.
Welcome to DCT !

Nice introduction.
Welcome to DCT !

Thx...

Well first sat back today.
Seem the 12volt trigger on the Power Magic Pro is to low for my car.
Meaning that i had a flat battery today after letting it on overnight.
So bye bye Power Magic Pro and parking mode :-(

Back