Hello from the North West coast of England

Laters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just realised that I hadn't even put up a hello message in all the turmoil of joining up just as I swap my internet provider.
Ive had a dashcam in my car for a number of years. Never really had a good quality one and always something cheaper from china via ebay.

In fairness Ive had a few die on me but not surprising considering they are in the sun/cold and all the vibration so don't get a easy time of it.
Over the years they have more than paid for themselves when there was a incident where my car was damaged while it was having its yearly mot inspection. The garage denied everything till I asked him if he wanted too see the footage of his mechanic pounding on the bonnet/hood to try and close it. Seeing the mechanic get madder and madder. All went on for a while till another mechanic noticed he had left a tool on the closure panel.
Needless to say the garage paid for the damage to be sorted out.

There have been a couple of other minor incidents including a woman who selected reverse and reversed into me and then claimed I drove into her. The insurance company literally laughed at the footage when I sent it them and she was forced to pay for a new number plate for my car.

The time has come that I want a better dashcam that's not going to keep randomly crashing or like the current dashcam going through memory cards that no longer work.
I am researching before I buy as I want to make sure I get good one this time.

Paul

Welcome to the forum Paul.

Thanks for the welcomes. Its time to do some research as to the next dashcam now.

Great. Abosolutely, the high-end Dash Cam is real necessary. HD1080 recording, nigh vision recording, no-missing recording and 24-hrs recording are all important!

Back