HELP INVALID Video Files

Chadm424

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have had my 0803 for about 4 days now and I have noticed that after driving around that the camera still appears to be recording but when I go to review the files on the camera or even from the computer the videos are corrupt and cannot be played. I have a 32gb sd card from ebay in it, I don't know if that's the problem because the first 30 or so 3 minute clips work great but then they randomly start becoming invalid. I am recording in 1080p. any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried updating the firmware I believe it ends in 0811 or something like that. it was the most recent one.

Sounds like one of those cheap "upgraded" 32Gb cards that only actually has 8Gb that works properly...

Or is it a proper band name one?

I reckon there is a reason why manufacturers dont print their name on these cheap cards.

I reckon there is a reason why manufacturers dont print their name on these cheap cards.
If they can convince people that the cheap ones are rubbish then people will be prepared to spend extra for the expensive ones. Selling cheap ones that really are rubbish is the best way to do that!

Ah you need to delete everything from the card before running the test - might be worth formatting it and then trying again to see what it says

Ah you need to delete everything from the card before running the test - might be worth formatting it and then trying again to see what it says

This is what I did. I formatted the sd card then ran the program from that link. After 2 hours the program quit and then I checked the drive and it had a large list of files with the same file name as the program. I don't know what I am supposed to do with these files

This is what I got out of the program.

Warning: Only 16779 of 30708 MByte tested.
The media is likely to be defective.
7.3 GByte OK (15368064 sectors)
9.0 GByte DATA LOST (18995328 sectors)
Details:2.0 MByte overwritten (4160 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
9.0 GByte corrupted (18991168 sectors)
2.0 MByte aliased memory (4160 sectors)
First error at offset: 0x00000001d31f8000
Expected: 0x00000001d31f8000
Found: 0x00000001d51f8000
H2testw version 1.3
Reading speed: 10.4 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

If I have to purchase a new sd card would this one be a good choice?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/390538914788
The diagnostic "The media is likely to be defective." probably means that it was a reject from one of the major manufacturers and sold formatted as 4GB because most of it doesn't work properly, someone then reformatted it as 32 GB hoping that someone would put it in their phone and never use more than 1GB,

Your new choice is a good one, lots of people using Samsung cards with the 0803 without issue and they run cool while specified for upto 85C, although I would choose the orange class 10 version because it is twice as fast to transfer files to the computer (if you computer is fast enough) and comes with a 10 year manufacturer warrantee instead of 5 year and is only a couple of $ more:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/331191183648
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/memory-cards-hdd-odd/memory-cards/sd/MB-SP32D/EU

Don't know about the seller.

i am using the Samsung EVO 32GB (orange) in mine as well.

I personally only buy SD cards directly from Amazon or instore in the like of CostCo who both have great returns policies. I'd never buy one from eBay or even third party sellers via Amazon as there are just too many fakes in the supply chain these days. For the sake of saving a few dollars it's just not worth the hassle.

Even the mighty Amazon have been caught out with fakes before but they at least sort out their problems unlike some vendors on the likes of eBay.

Back