Help looking for clear transparent tape

TheVancouverGuy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi. I do not know what they are called but I am looking for the tiny clear tape that people use to tape the wires onto the sides and windshields.

Not sure, but a lot of guys just push their wires up into the roof of the car and pull back the pillar on the side and tuck the wire in that natural void area...you can always pull off factory parts to hide wires.

I have a set of wire clips like this, but the included adhesive was iffy and came unstuck after a few months of summer heat. I replaced it with 3M molding tape, which so far has held up well, but I haven't had it long enough to give any real opinion.

Try 3M VHB 4905 or 4910, depending on the thickness you prefer.

Edit:

@DrekiTech For the clips if the molding tape fails.

@TheVancouverGuy If you don't want to push the wiring into the headliner and A-pillar, get some wire/cable management clips and use the clear tape with them.

Last edited:
Might you be thinking of Command Hooks? Haven't used them myself, but they come in clear versions, and different sizes.

Might you be thinking of Command Hooks? Haven't used them myself, but they come in clear versions, and different sizes.
I've tried them for cable routing (the small clear ones) and never could get them to work reliably.

Back