help please

captain.cook

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I would like to mount my camera upside down, how do i set it
up to do this please I am going to put it in my car ...The Captain

My Camera is a Mobius Action cam, Sorry I forgot to mention the name....The Captain

My Camera is a Mobius Action cam. When I clip it on the wind screen The Camera is upside down. and when I play the camera files they are all up side down. Is there a way to set it up 180 degrees, so the pictures are the right up....The Captain

Last edited by a moderator:
I went through the instructions, and I could not see any reference RE rotating 180 degrees... Can you please help me ...The Captain

Using the Windows GUI, under " video mode settings" tag yes to Rotate video 180 degree

You need to get the "SYSCFG.TXT" file onto your Micro SD card first - See Page 9 of the instructions (Hold down Mode 'M' button & then also Power Button together until the top RED LED flashes 3 times and camera turns off, then release these two buttons).

Connect the Mobius ActionCam to your PC or Mac, using the USB cable provided with it, and open the relevant GUI (Graphic User Interface) from the link given by russ331 above:- http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/index.html

Import the above "SYSCFG.TXT" file into the GUI you are using and alter the Video Mode Settings by ticking the box next to 'Rotate Video 180 Deg' settings. Save the resulting "SYSCFG.TXT" to your Mobius Micro SD card.

To load your new settings onto your Mobius ActionCam repeat the above button holding sequence on Page 9 of the instructions (i.e., Hold down Mode 'M' button & then also Power Button together until the top RED LED flashes 3 times and camera turns off, then release these two buttons).

Hopefully this will get the video the 'right way' up for the upside down mounting in your car.

Last edited:
How do I copy the text to the memery card Please, not to up to these things so much I am 80 years old , and it is all new to me..The Captain

How do I copy the text to the memery card Please, not to up to these things so much I am 80 years old , and it is all new to me..The Captain
No problem Captain.
Just a quick note to clarify that the button sequence mentioned above (M + Power Button on the Mobius) gets the settings from your Mobius ActionCam onto the memory card, and back again after you've altered the settings using the GUI in your PC.
Take it step-by-step as per my previous post (referring to Page 9 of the Instruction Manual, if you need to)...
You need to get the "SYSCFG.TXT" file onto your Micro SD card first - See Page 9 of the instructions (Hold down Mode 'M' button & then also Power Button together until the top RED LED flashes 3 times and camera turns off, then release these two buttons).

Connect the Mobius ActionCam to your PC or MAC, using the USB cable provided with it, and open the relevant GUI (Graphic User Interface) from the link given by russ331 above:- http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/index.html

Import the above "SYSCFG.TXT" file into the GUI you are using and alter the Video Mode Settings by ticking the box next to 'Rotate Video 180 Deg' settings. Save the resulting "SYSCFG.TXT" to your Mobius Micro SD card.

To load your new settings onto your Mobius ActionCam repeat the above button holding sequence on Page 9 of the instructions (i.e., Hold down Mode 'M' button & then also Power Button together until the top RED LED flashes 3 times and camera turns off, then release these two buttons).

Hopefully this will get the video the 'right way' up for the upside down mounting in your car.
Give it a shot and let us know how you get on! It's my bedtime here in the UK. I am hoping I wake up to "it's been a success" message from you! Good luck Captain.

Hi Hilts.... Thank you very much, I have it all up and running now , thanks to you mate, you made it very easy for me, My mum and Dad came from Birmingham many years ago, and settled here and had 3 sons , cheers for now. Ken

No problem, glad we could help....
Hope you enjoy using it.

Back